Hacking Sky3ds or stick with Gateway ?

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
@ WaterBotttle how did you converted it a template file modify template file to let us burn games or homebrew??

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my post. I haven't converted any home brew to 3ds files, that was mentioned by @Thomas12345, I'm just stating that on a Sky 3DS it wouldn't run regardless of the format (CIA or 3DS). I'm not sure what your asking about the template file.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been MIA since I've been off playing my Gateway on my 3ds. I see that Sky3ds now has a NO limit on their Blue card. And Gateway still hasn't released their version to work with the latest firmware, but I'm sure they'll release it. Anyway I was watching the video on the Sky3ds website, it was interesting to see the button on the card being pressed and that's how you select the games. I'm debating about getting one, it looks easier to use then the 2 card swap Gateway. Anyone else ditching the Gateway for the Sky or not?
What is this "2 card swap" you speak of?

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

xps2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what your asking about the template file.

o ok

before you can run anything you need to use the Disk Writer and a template file .txt to let you burn the game .3ds in to the micro sd card

but you can not burn a game .3ds some time you will need to wait for the sky3ds team release

a template file contain your game.3ds to let you burn the game

that why you will get this message

the file "your game .3ds" have no resource date yet please update the template.txt

for now waiting .... maybe someone here at gbatemp.net can modify template file to let us burn games .3ds

the point here is no need to wait on the sky3ds team to release a template file contain your game .3ds to let us burn the game

OllieD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is this "the 2 card swap" you speak of?

To use the Gateway you need to install the DS Profile exploit using the blue card first,
Then you can switch to the red card and use it for as long as you like provided you do not play any DS mode games or do a factory reset of the 3DS.

You do not have to swap cards every time.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To use the Gateway you need to install the DS Profile exploit using the blue card first,
Then you can switch to the red card and use it for as long as you like provided you do not play any DS mode games or do a factory reset of the 3DS.

You do not have to swap cards every time.
Cheers that's what I thought. My red card hasn't left my 3DS since I put it in.

OllieD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes i have the red button & blue button sky3ds cards you can only store up to 31 games for now....

you can not burn more then 31 game yes i have test them 128GB 64GB 32GB micro sd card

yes 31 games micro per sd card

see when you burn 31 game it will not let you burn more then 31 game look you will get this message

i have total free is 4402 MB left

Just reverse engineered the DiskWriter program and SKY3DS have indeed lied about the unlimited nature of the blue card. (or atleast their software currently imposes a limit despite their blatant claim of unlimited games on their site)
The software will not only allow you to write a maximum of 31 games to the card but if you somehow managed to get more than 31 on there the software will tell you to format your SD to reduce the game count.

I have e-mailed the SKY3DS team for comment on this matter.

I presume their just full of it and their card will indeed be blocked soon.

Maybe we will see a Green button card without this superficial 31 game limit :angry:

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just reverse engineered the DiskWriter program and SKY3DS have indeed lied about the unlimited nature of the blue card. (or atleast their software currently imposes a limit despite their blatant claim of unlimited games on their site)
The software will not only allow you to write a maximum of 31 games to the card but if you somehow managed to get more than 31 on there the software will tell you to format your SD to reduce the game count.

I have e-mailed the SKY3DS team for comment on this matter.

I presume their just full of it and their card will indeed be blocked soon.

Maybe we will see a Green button card without this superficial 31 game limit :angry:
I'm not even surprised about this. As soon as they announced their card I knew something was fishy about them.

warnings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
o ok

before you can run anything you need to use the Disk Writer and a template file .txt to let you burn the game .3ds in to the micro sd card

but you can not burn a game .3ds some time you will need to wait for the sky3ds team release

a template file contain your game.3ds to let you burn the game

that why you will get this message

the file "your game .3ds" have no resource date yet please update the template.txt

for now waiting .... maybe someone here at gbatemp.net can modify template file to let us burn games .3ds

the point here is no need to wait on the sky3ds team to release a template file contain your game .3ds to let us burn the game

Just generate your own sky3ds template using Falo's tool:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-your-own-sky3ds-template-entries.374775/#post-5176946

Had to use this for NES-remix-US.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about the 31 game limit. I emailed Sky3ds and they said its a bug in the diskwriter and the next version you should be able to add more than 31 games.

also...how can the Sky3ds get blocked and can it get blocked even if i stay on the current firmware im on...(9.4)?

xps2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about the 31 game limit. I emailed Sky3ds and they said its a bug in the diskwriter and the next version you should be able to add more than 31 games.

also...how can the Sky3ds get blocked and can it get blocked even if i stay on the current firmware im on...(9.4)?

no is not block yet im on current firmware V9.4.0-21 U

they have update the disk writer v1.05 no they still have fix bug in the disk writer to let you burn more then 31 game

3zqLagI.png

Z26PU5S.png

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no is not block yet im on current firmware V9.4.0-21 U

they have update the disk writer v1.05 no they still have fix bug in the disk writer to let you burn more then 31 game

3zqLagI.png

Z26PU5S.png

I send this to the team

"I tried using a disk writer on my 64GB microSD card but it will not let me get passed 31 games. See photo.

Is this normal?"

This it the reply i got from the team

"It's normal. The next diskWriter version will fix this tiny bug."

xps2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I send this to the team

"I tried using a disk writer on my 64GB microSD card but it will not let me get passed 31 games. See photo.

Is this normal?"

This it the reply i got from the team

"It's normal. The next diskWriter version will fix this tiny bug."

like i say is not fix yet i have try burn them with Disk Writer V1.05 on a Samsung EVO SDHC SDXC 128GB 64GB 32GB micro sd card red button & blue button sky3ds cards

NaviInside

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ouch another limit from Sky3ds, makes me wonder whether my decision to buy one is right or not :(
I am still waiting for delivery ...

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch another limit from Sky3ds, makes me wonder whether my decision to buy one is right or not :(
I am still waiting for delivery ...

The limit is just one card with diskwriter..

im switching cards and testing.. i can play more than 31 games.. with more sd cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: