SKY3DS Not Ejecting on N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by atkfromabove, Feb 22, 2015.

1. atkfromabove
    OP

atkfromabove GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2015
    United States
    The state with lots of wives
    I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? I know that the sky is known to be a pretty crappy build quality but I have a hard time even inserting it let alone without it ejecting. When I try to eject the cartridge it clicks and then doesn't move. I have to use tweezers to grab the card and pull it out to the point that I can grab it with my fingers.

2. mrolive

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    Have you tried wiggling it out? I have a normal XL and I have to wiggle it a bit to be able to insert and remove it.

3. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    Have you tried other carts in the N3DS? I got one with a defective cartridge slot. You had to push extremely hard to get carts both in and out. Otherwise they'd just pop back out when pushing in, or seem like they were almost jammed inside once they finally clicked.

4. atkfromabove
    OP

atkfromabove GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2015
    United States
    Ya it wont wiggle or move at all when I use the Sky but a normal cartridge is totally fine. I may have gotten just a worse made sky card than most people get. I ejects okay in my regular 3DS but not the N3DS.

5. SuperJunkey

SuperJunkey Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015

This exact same thing happens to my N3DS too! I panicked a little when it first happened as I thought the sky card was stuck in there, I now just use my finger nail to grip the sky card and it manages to get it out. The new 3ds is rockin a pretty tight slot :evil:

6. atkfromabove
    OP

atkfromabove GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2015
    United States

Haha it sure is

7. Loversan

Loversan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    maybe it's a new state of the art all-in-one you-cannot-eject anti-piracy device developed by NASA and NSA D:

8. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    you guys tried figuring it out or just left it alone? Sand down the sides at least?

9. s-arash

s-arash GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    had the same problem but after trying to insert and eject it for like 100 times , its ok now

10. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Sky has a better build quality than Gateway. I've had no issues with mine.

11. sparrowreal

sparrowreal GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    +1 after a while its ok but at first I was panicking and thinking that it was a trap. I could almost visualize Ackbars face pointing at me while laughing.
    [​IMG]

atkfromabove likes this.
  12. atkfromabove
    OP

atkfromabove GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2015
    United States

Ha ya I had the same feeling. I started to freak when it didn't pop back out. I will try sanding the card and see if that helps. The only problem is that I don't know exactly where on the cartridge the issue is coming from.

13. SolarisHeights

SolarisHeights GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2014
    ur n3ds shuld come with push pull function for carts mn

14. atkfromabove
    OP

atkfromabove GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2015
    United States

I'm guessing you mean it should eject and insert cards? (push/pull functions?) Ya its just the sky3ds cartridge not the N3DS that is causing the issue.

15. SolarisHeights

Mar 27, 2014
    ow im sorry. yes it seems ur cartidge is error. it should be ejected when you push but people have said after u push and click, and it come out abit, its still dificult to pull out and it goe sideways and sometimes gets stuck abit

16. atkfromabove
    OP

atkfromabove GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2015
    United States
    With mine it doesn't even eject enough to where I can grab it. I have to get tweezers to grab the edge of the cartridge. Ha I don't like the idea of having to carry tweezers everywhere with me to eject the sky.

17. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Normally you can make enough space to take it out with your bare hands if you eject the uSD and grab it around the slot. Not an optimal solution, but it works for me (on a fat GW).

18. Invincible

Invincible Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2008
    Iceland
    Had the problem on mu n3ds xl. Check and see if the bottom cover of the system is fitter ok.
    Mine was seperated a little bit causing a tiny block. I pushed it into place and all is fine now.

19. SolarisHeights

Mar 27, 2014
    maybe use a small hammer to flatten it abit or hammer the sides

20. r5xscn

r5xscn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2014
    Indonesia
    Try removing the sticker. Worked on mine. I replaced the sticker and I can enter it without any problem.