Hacking Sky3DS+ no game on title

Shadok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, needing some technical expertise since I can't seem to find any information about the Sky3DS+ (Double orange button)

So I got this today. I've updated the firmware according to the website and it's now V110. I've put in my games and the settings.txt given.

Then I plug it into the 3DS and...nothing happens. I get told nothing is inserted in the slot. Anyone able to help?

3DS version is 10.3.0-28E

Only thing of note is the config files won't appear, which guides all seem to say that they will, so that's possibly the issue, but it brings up the question as to why my Sky3DS+ isn't generating them like it's meant to (Unless I'm meant to do it myself? If so, how?)

Anyway, in summary:

HELP :(

Athan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello sky3ds+ fella, i think your missing the "gamelist.bin". can be found on sky3ds site. and also, try pressing the orange button (any) after 3-5 seconds after inserting the cart.

friendly reminder though, do not update your firmware.

Shadok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is your sdcard class 10? Did you format the sdcard with SDformatter v4?
Yeah after I posted this I realised my SD is a class 4 and after poking a little more realised that's the likely problem. I'll post again reporting the results when the microSD arrives via post tomorrow (most likely reporting that it's working and that I'm a moron, but in the event that it still doesn't work...yeah).

Shadok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so now it keeps turning my .3ds files into .bad files. What's going on here? :wtf:

Would the fact that my 3DS is the old 3DS XL (Not the "New" one) have an impact?

EDIT: Upon a second attempt after using SDformatter, I managed to make the config and sav files appear for 1 game, but it still won't allow me to play the game on my DS's menu.

Last edited by Shadok,

chin261

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Ok so now it keeps turning my .3ds files into .bad files. What's going on here? :wtf:

Would the fact that my 3DS is the old 3DS XL (Not the "New" one) have an impact?

EDIT: Upon a second attempt after using SDformatter, I managed to make the config and sav files appear for 1 game, but it still won't allow me to play the game on my DS's menu.

Try reformat to fat32, cluster size of 64kb. :)

Shadok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
:toot:It works! Finally it works. Looks like my clusters were too small at 32kb.

Thanks everyone, it's taken pieces of all of these posts to get this thing working. But it's finally working!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-