Sky3ds - Microsoft .NET Framework error! Please help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Monodon, May 14, 2015.

1. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    Well, my Sky3ds and 16gb microSD finally arrived in the mail at long last, so I got started and downloaded diskwriter (v202b1) and my template.

No matter what, when I run diskwriter it gives me this Microsoft .NET Framework error telling me to enable JIT debugging.

[​IMG]

It then brings me to selecting my drive, but my sd card simply doesn't show up.
    I've tried V2.02b1, V1.06, and V1.05.
    I've tried creating a new Fat32 Primary partition in EaseUS PartitionMaster.
    I've tried un/re installing .NET Framework 4.5.2.
    I've tried running in compatibility mode for XPSP3.
    I've tried running as administrator.
    I've probably tried whatever you're going to suggest, because I've scrolled through every similar post on this forum and have found no help.

Any advice is greatly, greatly appreciated. I just spent 90$ on this, and am really trying to not freak out at the fact that seemingly nothing will get it to work.

Thanks!

2. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    Yeah, I got that error too... Just use DiskWriter 1.6.

Don't forget the Setting.ini and template0xxx.txt. They need to be in the same folder as DiskWriterV106b5.exe.

3. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California

I mentioned that I have tried this, and as you can see in the picture, Setting.ini and template0513.txt are in the same folder...

4. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    It's the same exact problem that this guy was having, and the thread ends with no solution found. Really fearful that that's how this thread will end up as well.

5. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    Yikes.
    Looks like all of these people are having the same issue, no solution there either.
    This isn't looking good.

6. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    I got it figured out. For anyone that has this issue, I backed up everything important on my computer and did a fresh install of Windows 7 off an install disk I found.
    After installing the .NET Framework 4.0 Everything was smooth sailing.

I'm sure that re-installing windows wasn't my only recourse, but if you're as desperate as I was then it's at least one option.

7. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    When .net framework breaks it's a bitch to fix. Clean install is usually recommended.

8. Monodon
    OP

Monodon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    California
    Well, after almost a month of working perfectly and two re-installations of Windows 8.1, I've started getting the same error again. I can't reinstall Windows again and don't really know what to do at this point.
    Sorry for bumping a month old thread but there just doesn't seem to be a fix for this.