Hacking SKY3DS microSD card swapping

Fotonic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If someone wants to use two or more uSD cards to store ROMs avoiding to change too many times using SKY3DS button... is some procedure required to avoid messing up saves?

By what I have understood, SKY3DS reads a ROM and the relative save data from the uSD card and stores it into it's own flash memory until the button is pressed. After that The save data is written on the uSD and the next ROM + save are loaded into flash and so on.

So, if I have uSD_1 inserted and want to swap it with uSD_2... SKY3DS will have the ROM + save of the game loaded from uSD_1, if I insert another uSD and then change game, SKY3DS will write save data of game (from uSD_1) to the relative slot of uSD_2, of a different game then.

Is this right? What's the correct procedure to follow to use multiple uSDs with SKY3DS?

Thanks.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you save in a game and quite..make sure to change your game so that it correctly saves it. Some have reported that not doing this can cause save data corruption

Fotonic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I know this problem. But even if I change game correctly, SKY3DS will load another ROM and relative save data from uSD_1.
If I change the uSD card then next time I'll change game, SKY3DS will write save data of the game from uSD_1 to uSD_2...

AdityaDarkseid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
it happen to me too, well i recommend collect more 3ds rom which have save data store in sd card like fantasy life, pokemon omega ruby, and persona q and no matter i format my micro sd or swap it , save data never corrupt except you delete data in sd card

Fotonic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it happen to me too, well i recommend collect more 3ds rom which have save data store in sd card like fantasy life, pokemon omega ruby, and persona q and no matter i format my micro sd or swap it , save data never corrupt except you delete data in sd card

You mean that you Exchange uSD cards in SKY3DS and saves are always correctly managed?

AdityaDarkseid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes , save data never corrupt , the only problem is i use the old one (sky3ds with red button) and i use method break game limit , well not good progress though because sometime always freeze when i play game especially fantasy life , for persona q not any problem.

RobesNo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about the old red button cart.
But with the new blue one the procedure is simple, just press the blue button, let the next game show on the screen and then eject the cart, there's no need to over complicate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...