Sky3DS+ firmware update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Stardotstar, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Stardotstar
    OP

Stardotstar Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2008
    Hi

Just in case anyone is unaware, the Sky3DS+ firmware update (from v100 to v110) is available for download from today (18th January). Before updating put your MicroSD in your PC and check that every game has 3 files: 1) the game itself, 2) the .sav (save file) and 3) .cfg file (configuration file). If the configuration file is not there then the save game file will not be recognised after the update.
    If there are any .cfg files missing: Before firmware update - open the settings text file and insert "CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS = 1" then put back in DS and open each game, a configuration file will be generated for each one.
    Once each game has 3 files then go ahead and update http://sky3ds.com/download.html once complete there is no further need for thegamelist.bin file.

2. Skater4599

Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Thanks for the heads up on this and instructions. I will be doing it later today, have you already applied this to yours? Can you notice any difference good or bad aside from not needing gamelist.bin?

3. shinji257

shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    I would suspect that a gamelist.bin would still be needed from time to time as how would the cart know what the header information is supposed to be? Regardless I think the intent is to make it so people can use games that do not have a gamelist entry yet (e.g. new titles before an updated list is released).

4. WeAreBorg

WeAreBorg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Netherlands
    I did the update and everything whent fine for me, only thing thats different that now the led licht always flickers like he is loading and stuff. Dont know if this is normal, never seen it before.

5. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Can you set the led colors now?

6. Ekaitz

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    I think it just reads the information from the rom. And you don't need any gamelist to do that.
    The main problem is that sometimes rom doesn't have a header so you can't play online. Nevertheless, if you use a public header, you'll be banned so it does not change anything. After copy-pasting a game, just edit the cfg file with a header and you're good to go.

Right now, Sky3DS is really a flashcard easy to use.

7. WeAreBorg

WeAreBorg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Netherlands
    Maybe but i dont know how.

8. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    There are some values in that config file.

9. WeAreBorg

WeAreBorg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Netherlands
    Yeah i know, but im not gonna f*** with that, who knows whats gonna happen. All i want to know is, can i turn the light off, now its flickering all the time.

10. shinji257

shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

Apr 9, 2007
    United States
    My thing is that roms pulled from other sources sometimes have the information stripped so unless you knew what to use... It is possible it may just assume C2 for the manufacturer bit and has a reliable way to auto detect the rest from the rom itself.

11. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    I JUST got my Sky3DS+ today. I checked their website and noticed the new firmware so I applied it before I did anything with it. The process didn't seem to go as they described; I didn't see the green light flash (but it did go from red to green then off). So I'm assuming it worked ok, but is there anyway to check/verify?

12. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    When I did it, it went red, green, red and then stopped.
    I did everything exactly as instructed.
    Everything works fine.

gamecaptor likes this.
  13. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    Cool, I'll go with that then :)

m_babble likes this.
  14. Emuchu

Emuchu Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    If you're on firmware 110, you'll notice your Sky3DS+ blinking intermittently whenever it's inserted into your 3DS to show when it's being accessed. On firmware 100, the Sky3DS+ flashes green once when it's inserted, and once when it's done switching between ROMs.

15. WeAreBorg

WeAreBorg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Netherlands
    Dont want the led flickering, change this in your setting file
    ACTIVITY_LED_COLOR=000000
    Then its like as before

16. SonicRegret

SonicRegret Ultimate Ayame

Sep 5, 2015
    United States