Sky3ds compatibility list confusion

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Baumlol, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Baumlol
    OP

Baumlol Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey there,

I want to buy a Sky3ds module after the european N3DSXL release (supposed it works), but I'm a little bit confused because of the game compatibility list on the Sky3ds website. There are only a few games on that list. I thought nearly every 3DS game (of my country) is working on Sky3ds because it acts like a real cart?

I hope you can clear me up. Thanks in advance!

2. smasbros

smasbros GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2014
    European N3DSXL still not released yet , but sky3ds most likely to support this device directly. And also hope nintendo won't update 3ds firmware for those days. No one knows if it blocked by next FW update.

3. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas
    I have had the Australian NN3DS now since it's release. The Aus unit is in fact a 100% EUR compatible unit.
    Sky3ds plays every single eur/pal game on the list that I have thrown at it. No worrys all games work.

4. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    oO where did you look ?

on the list at sky3ds Homepage there are more than 400 games at the EU column which are supposed to work ...

I had a few problems before but that was when the diskwriter didn't have the names of the Games as some of the "EU" labelled games were actually US and thus didn't work.

I already preordered a Monster Hunter 4 Limited edition N3DS XL from Amazon France, I really hope sky3ds will work but why should it not ;)

5. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA

You'll be fine, my Australian one is v9.0 and are guaranteed to support SKY3DS even if they are 9.2+ which they are most likely not they should work fine ;)

Maybe SKY3DS also should update their compatibility list considering so many already work, i'm also hoping that Nintendo don't screw over EU fans and make it so we get so many fewer releases than say US and JP, that would suck but then again it's not the 1990s anymore and I really wanna play a lot European games online

6. sparrowreal

sparrowreal GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    Do dual destinies eur and shin megami tensei IV works? I'm about to jump the gun and buy the card but I'm still unsure

7. hackotedelaplaqu

hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2009
    France
    Sorry for you sparrowreal but Dual Destinies is an ESHOP game, it won't work on sky3ds.

sparrowreal likes this.
  8. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA
    Apparently Sky3ds shouldn't even need a compatibility list as pretty much every game is compatible as far as I know

Ralph1611 likes this.
  9. sparrowreal

sparrowreal GBAtemp Regular

Mar 15, 2009
    Thanks, thats a bummer