Sky3DS+ and Rom Hacking questions

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Ekaitz, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Ekaitz
    OP

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Hey guys!

First of all, I know that we cannot launch a rom hack without a kernel access. (To bypass sig check)
    But the idea would be to install Rom Hacks on the Sky3DS+ µSD and create our own config file.

When it would be done, we just have to patch sigs (Sysnand or Emunand, we don't care) with rxTools/Pasta/Cakes/etc...

And we should be able to launch the game from the Sky.

If I'm right with this short "hypothesis", I would need various informations: CART_ID, ENC_TYPE, ENC_SEED, FLASH_ID, GAMESAVE_KEY.

I guess that I can use the original CART_ID and FLASH_ID (the one that corresponds to the original game). For the GAMESAVE_KEY, it's the header thing, aka Unique_ID. (We just have to put a Private header here and that would be ok, or even a public header, because we won't play online with that game)

For the ENC_TYPE and ENC_SEED, I really don't know because I don't even know what it really is.
    If someone have some information about that, it would be nice.
    Maybe someone already did what I want to do so... If you know things about the subject, it is time to share it lol :P

2. Ekaitz
    OP

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Nobody tried this?

3. intensje

intensje Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Netherlands
    Maybe this is a stupid answer, but this is already possible trough hans ?

4. Ekaitz
    OP

Ekaitz Pokémon Master

Jun 13, 2010
    France
    Lens
    Yes we can launch HANS and it loads the data from the SD.
    The idea here is to avoid loading anything from the SD. You just put the card in the 3DS, launch PastaCFW/rxTools/whatever you want, and you launch the cartridge from the home menu. (So if you've got autoboot into rxTools, you just launch the cartridge! :) )