Sky3DS and game not on template..

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aekel, Apr 11, 2015.

1. aekel
    OP

aekel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    I can't seem to play xenoblade us version because it's not in the template.. I guess my question is, is there a way to add my own entry or some way to play it? I have tried using the sky army knife but it keeps telling me invalid template file so I dunno.. :( Thanks ahead of time!

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay

Just got to wait till sky updates their site

3. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Invalid template prompt is common. Open up the templateXXXX.txt file in notepad. Delete the two empty lines at top before any code. Leave no empty space before the code. Save. Try now... When done editing, put the two blank spaces back in using notepad. Just in case...

As for making a template entry for Xenoblade... you're going to need to open up the .3DS file in ROMPatcher and find the CTR-P-XXXX to start your own template. Then use SAK to build the rest. But eventually Sky3DS will make a legit entry.

4. aekel
    OP

aekel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for the help. I got the template file accepted but as soon as I try to add in the .3DS file it gives me an "Unhandled exception has occured" error and states that "StartIndex cannot be less than zero." and crashes. I think it wants me to just wait for the official release from sky3ds.. lol. :/

5. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Turn off your Antivirus and Malware before opening Diskwriter.

After you edit the template, put the two blank spaces back into the template with notepad. THEN use it in Diskwriter.

Still? Well, you would need an actual .3DS ROM dump of a retail cart to make sure you have all the details right.

It also depends on whether Xenoblade is a NAND game or EEPROM-NO/YES.

It gets complicated...

WAIT, are you using an N3DS or a regular 3DSXL with Sky3DS? Xeno only plays on N3DS...

6. aekel
    OP

aekel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    I'm using a N3DS. What I'm doing so far is opening Sky Army Knife, adding in the template, then when I go to the ROM file in SAK and go to browse to add Xenoblade it gives me that error and crashes.

7. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    Xenoblade is not in Sky3DS's template yet. I assume you're using the USA version, so it still needs to be added. The European version is already there.

Sky3DS will likely have the template out by tomorrow.

8. aekel
    OP

aekel Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    Yeah seeing as how adding games yourself in the template still hasn't been completely figured out I was just going out on a limb to see if there was anyway to do it yourself. Thanks guys I appreciate the help :)

9. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    It hasn't? What about all those template makers. I thought we didn't have to rely on them anymore.