Sky 3ds doubts

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pustal, Mar 5, 2015.

1. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Hi everyone, I just got a Sky 3d card and I have some doubs and looking for some opinion as well.

My doubs are:
    - When I play some game through Sky 3ds, it says there is an update available in the eShop for that game, will it work if I install? Is there any risk of ban?
    - My console is in 9.2.0-20E FW. is there any reason to update? (i.e.: games that require higher firmware through Sky3ds, etc)
    - I heard about Nintendo starting to ban, is it true? What is considered risk behaviour?

Opinion:
    - I have another 3ds, one on 4.5.0-10E. For some reason I can't read QR's on Cubic Ninja (is there way to fix this without update btw?) [Using Sky3ds I now can]. In case there is another advantage, should I update my 9.2.0-20?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. DrCrygor07

DrCrygor07 Italian Wario Ware bootleg©

Sep 4, 2014
    Italy
    1 You can go on eshop without problems
    2 I suggest you to not update
    3 If you play online with public headers you can be banned

3. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    It asks me to update to enter eShop. Unless it asks me to update to play certain games I won't consider though.

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you cannot enter eshop without updating to the latest FW

5. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix

Update: Using Sky3ds I am able to run NinjaHax on my 4.5.0-10E

6. LonePilgrim

LonePilgrim Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Croatia
    I don't want to open a new thread, so I'm gonna ask here:

Are system updates stored on games? I mean if a game requires a higher firmware can it be updated through the game on Sky?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yes

8. vahnx

vahnx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2012
    Canada
    So one possible "safe" and free method to update would be buy a game from a place that allows returns under x hours/days, use it to update then return. Or just use a friends game (assuming the game is on newer firmware). But I assume it's safe to just connect to the net with the card not in the system and update normally. Or even with the card in the system it's probably safe to update, as long as you don't play online with public headers.