Hacking Skins I've made and need feedback

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, I started theming acekard skins since stuff I found on NDSthemes, while being cool, did not satisfy me yet.

So, even without acekard at hand, I started making skins.

http://www.ndsthemes.com/browse/themes/1a0d534b64/1

At moment I have made two for acekard (please,, DO disregard the cyclo DS one, I made that year ago without sufficient tools and image manipulation skills)
At moment of writing I just uploaded files of my second skin (a version, what is pretty much a big successor to zero punctuation skin on cyclo) - what should show up later on.

As for what I seek, is only feedback and comments, and also; Does it work? (I cannot test on machine itself because I do not have one yet ;_;)

Thanks for all, I hope it satisfies someone.

Also, since there seems to be a Lack of animu on Acekard, AND if my skills are enough for you, you can request a skin on specific subject (I.E. series etc) and I might get to it - getting hang of the theme master and all.

P.s. I hate calendars.

P.p.s. any tips how to customize your clock and calendar text and doing it right? (since aligning to dead center to right parts is hard/I do not know the trick)

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strange....making themes for a flashcart that's not owned and hence, unable to test it before uploading....what people will do for a 'crack' at winning a monthly prize @ NDSthemes.
That semi-rant aside, you should be asking your question at the NDSthemes forum: http://www.ndsthemes.com/forums/viewforum.php?id=33 - they are very experienced at these matters and seem to freely offer advice to each other.
wink2.gif

BTW, the calendar & clock are both integral elements of the AK skin - without them, or with them out of alignment = crap skin!

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well First off I do not know anything about any fucking prizes, I am making some before my acekard(s) arrive. I have not logged in to NDSthemes for 2 years and neither been interested in site's inner circle, but I digress.

Also, integral or not, why then does the skin maker have a option to leave out Calendar and date? And If I need a clanendar My iPod menu does same job better since I can mark stuff to that, and if not I can look at moon to get roughly the estimate of day and month.

Well, to be fair I tried to get it all work out on second skin but it would have looked like crap with calendar too. I just wonder, does that make every other flashcart (well, aside from Sakura) crap too.

...But, of course you are right. and there is space upon improvement.

P.s. When the custom image thing in theme maker does not work (or half of the time half of other stuff) It kinda makes it challenging in own way (half of time the elements could not be moved and Inserting custom images still don't work, neither Do I know what the question mark buttons do since... they are question marks)

P.p.s. Maybe it is just me who has not seen calendars much that does not understand the beauty of calendars - But I digress.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You posted on here asking for opinions, if you don't those opinions you shouldn't have asked. It goes without saying there will be those who don't like your skins.

There are thousands of skins out there, and most people have more than enough already.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JereTHEend said:
Well First off I do not know anything about any fucking prizes, I am making some before my acekard(s) arrive. I have not logged in to NDSthemes for 2 years and neither been interested in site's inner circle, but I digress. Settle down boy, not need to chuck a hissy fit...not that it matters, nor do I give a shit, but why else upload your untested skins there and request 'Tempers' to go to that site, rather than display them in this thread? Just seems weird to me. Note: don't need to be on inner circle, just gleam info from those who know what they are doing - they upload some good quality ones, for eg. ggirl, blackened dove, Did, etc.

Also, integral or not, why then does the skin maker have a option to leave out Calendar and date? And If I need a clanendar My iPod menu does same job better since I can mark stuff to that, and if not I can look at moon to get roughly the estimate of day and month. All I said was that no calendar & clock, or shit alignment = shit, that's all. Nonetheless, it's those things that help to set AK interface aside from most other carts

Well, to be fair I tried to get it all work out on second skin but it would have looked like crap with calendar too. I just wonder, does that make every other flashcart (well, aside from Sakura) crap too. No, they are doing "their thing". AK has a different look & appeal

...But, of course you are right. and there is space upon improvement. Certainly, absolutely, undoubted....don't let me discourage you - onward & upward!
P.s. When the custom image thing in theme maker does not work (or half of the time half of other stuff) It kinda makes it challenging in own way (half of time the elements could not be moved and Inserting custom images still don't work, neither Do I know what the question mark buttons do since... they are question marks)

P.p.s. Maybe it is just me who has not seen calendars much that does not understand the beauty of calendars - Digress "the word of the day", but I digress. Check this thread out, if you have not already, as it may help you further: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206342&hl=skins

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
tk_saturn said:
You posted on here asking for opinions, if you don't those opinions you shouldn't have asked. It goes without saying there will be those who don't like your skins.

There are thousands of skins out there, and most people have more than enough already.

I said He is right - Just that why the raging hard on for calendar, when it is most useless Calendar I know to have on a flashcart.

I would have made one for zero punctuation if the whole would not have gone too small from it - the calendar element is bit big, to say least.

I try maybe redo top of Zero punctuation with calendar, and gonna look at new themes having the bloody calendar.

My biggest challenge is getting Theme master work for me - it bugs in every while and restarting the bloody thing is very common for me... better than AK edit crashing right away when trying to open a theme file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked