Skin Feedback

Killermech Nov 7, 2008.

1. Killermech
    OP

Killermech Cookie Monster

Mar 5, 2004
    @XeroRestraint
    I like the topscreen, it gives a nice feeling to it as a ds rom collection kind of thing which fits in nicely with a flashcart.
    The background on the lowerscreen feels however, too messy. Seems to make the white text very hard to read unless highlighted on.
    The scanlines on the icons is a nice touch, but when selecting them, I was expecting more of a 'wholeness'. Like when not selected, it has scanlines and gives that
    'not functioning' effect and when you select it, it would turn to normal. Instead you went with a blue glow, which feels a bit meh to be honest.

I do like it overall, but there are tons of small fixes that could be made to make it even better [​IMG]

danisson's entry is still the latest.

2. XeroRestraint

XeroRestraint GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2007
    United States
    I appreciate the criticism and like the icon suggestion - thanks!

3. Noitora

Noitora ::

Aug 9, 2007
    Greece
    Athens
    What do you guys think of my skin?
    [​IMG]

4. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    ... it looks a hell of a lot better than my sh*t which im too ashamed to show.

5. Noitora

Noitora ::

Aug 9, 2007
    Greece
    Athens
    Show it [​IMG] Don't be afraid we won't eat you or anything.

6. Ryukouki

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    first ever skin here goes

[​IMG]

7. Rowan

Rowan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2007
    Cardiff
    this would have looked good with transparent icons

8. Ryukouki

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    I know rowan but it was my first skin and some things i almost had no idea at all, i just tried to make it using effort and i just wanna participate.

On a newer note, on a scale of 1 to 10 can you guys rate it? W/O flames? does it stand a chance in winning?

9. fenthwick

fenthwick GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2007
    Rating: 5/10
    Reason: The background images are nice, however, the logo is so much different from the menu background and makes it look kinda off. As mentioned the icons aren't transparent and they're kinda bland, more unique icons matching the background would've made it a lot better. Then there is the scrollbar, it just doesn't look good with that color on the background. The text could've been in an other color other than black.

Chance on winning: Yes you should have a chance of winning, why, well because of this:

You might have a bigger chance to win than me as I forgot to read that sentence when doing my skin :x

If anyone has anything to say about my skin. plx do so [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. TraumaHoundNDS

TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Wow, that's a really slick RA3 theme. Only criticism I could add would be a desire for a transparent background for the scrollbar...but that just may be my preference showing. I think the buttons came out especially sweet, looks like an "officially released" theme. [​IMG]

That said, since we're all waiting for the results of the Edge contest, any thoughts/opinions/concerns regarding the theme I put together (#218 on Densetsu's list)?

[​IMG]

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAPZH5KG

...with the exception of an Atari-inspired font (which I chromed up) everything else was hand-done in Photoshop, using only a pic of a 6-switch VCS as reference. Some scanned-in leather jacket was used for the black-plastic texture and some wood paneling for the top screen (I'd initially created some faux-wood in PS but it looked exactly that: faux.)

For those who don't remember what the VCS looked like:

[​IMG]

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted