Sin and Punishment

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LightyKD, Oct 2, 2009.

Oct 2, 2009

Sin and Punishment by LightyKD at 3:41 AM (2,002 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    OK I'm going to ask this question without being blunt because I dont want to break any forum rules. Now I know that VC games are basically a rom, a emulator for the rom and a html file (the instruction booklet). Has anyone extracted the Virtual Console version of Sin and Punishment. Im asking because this would be the easiest way to get a translated rom without having to deal with the translation pack that is already widely available (that pack contains the JP rom with a few translation files which obviously wouldn't work on Wii64). if you're good at extracting VC files and you have sin and punishment... may you, whoever you are please PM me... OK hopefully I just didnt do something too bad but hey, it's "Sin and Punishment". One of the greatest N64 games of all time!

2. aabbccdd

Member aabbccdd GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    IIRC the rom gets translated on the fly, somebody tried to extract the rom, but when he did, he got the japanese versuion of the romyu.hyuu

Sorryhu for the typos, my whifes a big kkk

e: What?

3. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    My sentiments exactly.

4. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I know how to inject and deal with roms from VC games. Unfortunately, Sin and Punishment is translated similar to how the unofficial translation is done, it has the emulator use textures that are applied over the normal rom. So there is no way to just extract the rom and get a translation. I have extracted it myself and verified that it's the original Japanese game.

If you're playing it the Wii anyway, why not just use the VC one?

5. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    yep thats exactly right...You wouldnt get an eng patched rom even if you extract the rom...You might be better off using a rom patch on an existing rom for the pc then running it under wii64 beta 1 but as sephiroth points out the best way would be to simply install the wad for the game or use triforce loader to play it [​IMG]

6. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Triforce loader? What's that?

7. vettacossx

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    it loads VC and wiiware games from a SD or USB storage device applying nand emulation methods. (use the search tab top right for more info)