Simpsons might get cancelled

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally IMHO, I feel the Simpsons getting cancelled is absolutely the right choice for them right now. I have valid reason why they should cancel the show right now.

Reason #1: Original storywriters laziness - Let's face it, anybody who was not born in the early 1990's won't even appreciate the awesome media prime time series as the Simpsons that I can relate to today. The storywriting was original and unique. All you needed to know is these few things.

Homer - A dad who likes beer, donuts, and works at a nuclear power plant.
Marge - A mother who speaks her own mind, she's like the support-beam of the whole choatic family.
Lisa - A girl whose compassion for Jazz has no bounds, very studious and plays the sax.
Bart - (This is interesting since this character has undergone multiple changes over the few years) - A boy who like's getting into trouble, rides a skateboard and has a nickman that goes by the name as 'Bartman'

The episodes back then showed a mixture of comedy and family without going a little bit over the top. Like how some of these episodes are now these days. Does anyone remember when Homer has to go through a by-pass surgery? What about Bart joining with the bad crowd and was dared to cut the statues head while trying to hide from the town? Who can forget the classic 'Treehouse of Horror' episodes? Those classics can't be remade into that again, the writers are getting lazy and complacent with the multi guest-star appearances.

/end rant.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I think the show has gone on for too long. I never found anything funny in any the of the newer eps, it feels like the show is getting redundant. I'd rather them focus on Futurama, one of my all time favorite shows.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Simpsons haven't been been funny for a long time and the futurama return sucks as well. I say Cohen can't deliver the goods anymore. Maybe he is just as good but can't keep up with the competition

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the old show's suck in the 2000-2011 trust me old school simpsons were the best. but after 1998 i gave up... but anyway... futrarama's worse but then again i only seen a couple of epsoides of it and i can't say anything else so yeah. rip simpson's RIP!!

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The Simpsons used to be about a stereotypical american household and its jokes based around that now its just silly nonsence. (my opinion)

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
The Simpsons hasn't been funny for a long time.

I think Groening/Cohen should just stick to Futurama from now on, that show is infinitely more funny and the Comedy Central "rebirth" of it gives the show more steam.

Agreed,I havn't cared about the simpsons in years...but I do love futurama.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
all the old show's suck in the 2000-2011 trust me old school simpsons were the best. but after 1998 i gave up... but anyway... futrarama's worse but then again i only seen a couple of epsoides of it and i can't say anything else so yeah. rip simpson's RIP!!

Futurama is definitely the better of the two shows. It's definitely more adult than Simpsons (well, PG-13 at least) and the humor is incredibly witty. Plus some of the puns are amazing. Here's one, paraphrased...

"What if Slurm is... made from people!?"

"Oh, we already have that, it's called Soylent Cola"

"Is it good?"

"Eh, varies from person to person."

Ba dum tish. Plus Futurama does have a billion sci-fi references. It is a sci-fi show after all.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Fox just ordered two more seasons:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1199000p1.html

Yay?
tongue.gif

I like the Simpsons, but it's probably good for it to end before it gets worse.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
DJPlace said:

Futurama is definitely the better of the two shows. It's definitely more adult than Simpsons (well, PG-13 at least) and the humor is incredibly witty. Plus some of the puns are amazing. Here's one, paraphrased...

"What if Slurm is... made from people!?"

"Oh, we already have that, it's called Soylent Cola"

"Is it good?"

"Eh, varies from person to person."

Ba dum tish. Plus Futurama does have a billion sci-fi references. It is a sci-fi show after all.

Yeah, I have to admit, Futurama deserves the spot where the Simpsons is.

How long as Futurama been airing, and for that matter why are they able to make it not stale yet the Simpsons is as stale as it can get.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Not shocked, Simpsons hasn't hard the charm it once had, for years now. I remember when people looked forward to sunday night, to watch the new Simpsons episodes, now I don't know anyone who does that.

D

Deleted_171835

Simpsons is funny, just not as funny. A lot of the episodes aren't as good as the older ones. It feels like it's too much Family Guy-ish, while the originals it basically had the family learning a lesson and such. I miss those episodes. Good thing for torrents.
Pretty much this. While the Simpsons certainly isn't as funny, I still enjoy it. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night