Simpsons might get cancelled

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1198119p1.html

Basically Fox wants the voices to take a 45% pay cut, while the voices will offer 30% cut and want a little bit of the profits the show brings in.

To be honest, while I feel it's time for The Simpsons to retire and keep the dignity it still has, it shouldn't go out like this. Especially after what The Simpsons has done for Fox, hell without them, Fox wouldn't be around. (My words).

Why am I suspecting that the X-Factor has a role to play in this :/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Simpsons hasn't been funny for a long time.

I think Groening/Cohen should just stick to Futurama from now on, that show is infinitely more funny and the Comedy Central "rebirth" of it gives the show more steam.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Simpsons is funny, just not as funny. A lot of the episodes aren't as good as the older ones. It feels like it's too much Family Guy-ish, while the originals it basically had the family learning a lesson and such. I miss those episodes. Good thing for torrents.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
ShadowSoldier said:
Simpsons is funny, just not as funny. A lot of the episodes aren't as good as the older ones. It feels like it's too much Family Guy-ish, while the originals it basically had the family learning a lesson and such. I miss those episodes. Good thing for torrents.
Good thing for Channel 4, eh.

(For Americans, Channel 4 airs old episodes of The Simpsons daily)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was never really a fan, not my type of humor (or maybe I just didn't like the show). Still, it's rather sad. I didn't like The Simpsons, but it is kind of sad it may have to end this way.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pay cuts suck, but the simpsons are starting to suck. so it seems fair and $4 million a year would be more than enough for any normal person it's not like the voice actors are even that great, i seriously doubt they'll be able to find other jobs making anywhere near as much.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Good thing for Channel 4, eh.

(For Americans, Channel 4 airs old episodes of The Simpsons daily)

Channels 6 and 8 here
wink.gif

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
In some ways it would be a shame if the show was cut however personally I prefer futurama
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist said:
I think Groening/Cohen should just stick to Futurama from now on, that show is infinitely more funny and the Comedy Central "rebirth" of it gives the show more steam.

Definatly

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I find it hard to sympathise with people currently making around $8 million a year each.
Of course the other side of it is a giant corporation raking in billions every year...

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newer episodes of Simpsons aren't as funny as it used to be (Kinda like most series on TV now; Spongebob, Family Guy, Cartoon Network, Nick, Etc).

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer Futurama. I think the pay cuts are fair, The Simpsons is not nearly as funny as it used to be nor as popular as it used to be.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1198119p1.html

Basically Fox wants the voices to take a 45% pay cut, while the voices will offer 30% cut and want a little bit of the profits the show brings in.

To be honest, while I feel it's time for The Simpsons to retire and keep the dignity it still has, it shouldn't go out like this. Especially after what The Simpsons has done for Fox, hell without them, Fox wouldn't be around. (My words).

Why am I suspecting that the X-Factor has a role to play in this :/

Meh....i LOOOOVE the Simpsons. But watching the old re-runs every day is starting to show me how stale the show is getting lately. I still laugh my ass off at some of the older episodes, but the newer ones barely make me chuckle.

Then again, i could say the same thing for nearly ALL of Fox's Animated shows. (With the exception of American Dad)

D

Deleted-236924

Guild McCommunist said:

+1

Besides, the voice actors in the Quebec French version are way better.
(Even the European French voices are better.)

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

+1

Besides, the voice actors in the Quebec French version are way better.
(Even the European French voices are better.)

+1 for the quebec french voice i hate how homer sounds gay in the european version

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Scumbag Fox

Cancels Family Guy, Firefly and Arrested Development

Keeps airing a dead show for ten more years

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
there have been several rumors over the past 10 years that the simpsons would be getting cancelled. I wont believe it till they're actually gone.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Groening, at least, hasn't really been involved with it for years. That really explains a lot.

As for the news... I think the show should have ended a long time, and it would be nice if it finally bowed out. Still, it's an easy job for the actors/writers, etc. I'm not sure they will be willing to leave it behind, even at a lower pay rate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter