Simplest way to hack a Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MakoBlue, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009
  1. MakoBlue
    OP

Newcomer MakoBlue Newbie

United States
    I'm about to get a new Wii (thank you very much AEE power company [​IMG] ), i bricked my first one when i tried to upgrade to 4.0 and the damn power went out [​IMG]. I'm gonna buy a used one and use the left over cash to buy wm+ and some other stuff [​IMG].

After doing the whole BannerBomb thing and installing HBC, dvdx, preloader and bootmii can i just use Waninkoko Firmware Updater v4.0 and after is done i can install a usb loader and just go on to play or do i have to install anything else, as in ios?. I don't care about the disc channel, shop channel, sd loading or any of that stuff, just playing the games in usb loaders.

2. nagnose

Newcomer nagnose Advanced Member

United States
  3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    "After doing the whole BannerBomb thing and installing HBC, dvdx, preloader and bootmii [...]" and then "[i care] just playing the games in usb loaders."...

How about Bannerbomb -> HBC -> IOS15 downgrade(TBR*) -> Patched IOS36 as IOS249(TBR) -> Restore IOS15(TBR) -> cIOS installer

And then start the usb loader of your choice. Why the heck all the other stuff too?

TBR = Trucha Bug Restorer:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6340
    (no i won't explain it for now, but it's the simplest way to softmod a Wii)

4. hark

Newcomer hark Member

With an axe.