Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

uddevallare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so you basically placed sysUpdater and 10.3 fw from that ISO site, then accessed HBL through browserhax or other similar method and started the Sysupdater program. And after that you did the same but this time with the update folder of 9.2 FW right?
Yes. I used systemupdater to update my 3ds and then I used safesysupdater to downgrade to 9.2. I did this on my o
O3DSXL that was on 10.2 and on my N3DSXL that was on 9.9. My last O3DSXL where already on 10.3 so I went for the downgrade immediately.

Mulder_RLZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For people having failed to get cia error, I tried around 20 times with no success, then I read that the software on the dev github doesn't have the memchuckhax, so I switched to the one from this topic and it worked in the 3rd attempt.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
It's weird but I keep getting Failed to get CIA Info.

I have the "updates" folder on the rood of the sd card of the n3ds pokemon edition 10.2 fw.
Checked with safe sysupdater if the files are okay and it's all good but when I downgrade with sysupdater, it just says Failed to get CIA Info.

titleException:
main.cpp: 148: Result 0xD900182F

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
It's weird but I keep getting Failed to get CIA Info.

I have the "updates" folder on the rood of the sd card of the n3ds pokemon edition 10.2 fw.
Checked with safe sysupdater if the files are okay and it's all good but when I downgrade with sysupdater, it just says Failed to get CIA Info.

titleException:
main.cpp: 148: Result 0xD900182F

What entry point are you using? Sysupdater seems to work better on 10.3 o3ds systems so it might take a couple of tries to get it to work. When the downgrade fails are you on frakenfirmware?

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
What entry point are you using? Sysupdater seems to work better on 10.3 o3ds systems so it might take a couple of tries to get it to work. When the downgrade fails are you on frakenfirmware?
Thanks for the responses, I finally redowngraded using safesysupdater and no longer a partial downgrade. XD

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the responses, I finally redowngraded using safesysupdater and no longer a partial downgrade. XD

Thats great news! Use browserhax to reinstall your entrypoint on a lower fw and run downgrade checker to confirm. Once that is done make sure you make a backup of your sysnand

Reactions: Nirmonculus

ragingjambo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, just downgrading a new 3DS from 9.9->9.2 I've formatted my microSD and added all the files, however when I try and use the internet browser to use browserhax my 3DS simply kicks me out advising I should update the 3DS software, what have I done wrong?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
okay this is weird

it doesn't brick :unsure:
and the best thing yet, it's now on 9.2.0 :O
someone tell me what's going on here

will try running gateway later to see if this is indeed the real 9.2.0, but just in case it's not, is it safe to try downgrade again?
just reporting updates
after about 30 more tries, finally I'm on 9.2.0 (the real one, not the franken 9.2.0 as yesterday)
so basically 30 tries get me 9.2.0 frankenfirm (system settings shows 9.2.0 but can't use any cfw) and another 30 or more tries gets me the real 9.2.0, and I don't think I have the guts to try further to downgrade to 2.1.0 to get OTP.bin :D

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2DS FW 8.1 updated to 9.9 via YoKai Watch, then downgraded to 9.2 using SafeSysUpdater and 9.2 package found on that 3DS ISO site. (couldn't, for the life of me, get any entry points to work on 8.1)

Also, I know this was mentioned earlier, but I loaded up Fire Emblem Fates on my Sky3DS and can confirm that it does, in fact, contain a 10.3.0.28U firmware update.

Last edited by 3DSPoet,
Reactions: Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, just downgrading a new 3DS from 9.9->9.2 I've formatted my microSD and added all the files, however when I try and use the internet browser to use browserhax my 3DS simply kicks me out advising I should update the 3DS software, what have I done wrong?
There is a tutorial on how to access browserhax where you tweak the dates on settings. It's on the tut page I think.

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Loaded up everything correctly. Proper updates were in the update folder. I cleared all trash files on my sd card. My old 3ds installed all cias within 2 minutes. When I turn it on, it is just a black screen. Pressing power gives the normal sleep mode prompt screen... I believe a soft brick...

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loaded up everything correctly. Proper updates were in the update folder. I cleared all trash files on my sd card. My old 3ds installed all cias within 2 minutes. When I turn it on, it is just a black screen. Pressing power gives the normal sleep mode prompt screen... I believe a soft brick...
Take out your sd card

Reactions: Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Take out your sd card
HOLY SHIT, I forgot to do that! I turned the 3ds on and it works. I can use the Internet browser. I Litterally yelled YES and woke up my parents. Was about to use recovery mode.

*edit* going to re-format the sd card and reinstall all of the hax

Last edited by Potato hoarder,
Reactions: Just Passing By
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...