Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

d3v

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So ive got strange problem. I launched sysupdate ~20 times yesterday and today morning, i wanted to downgrade 10.3 -> 9.2 and now when i scan qr code (3dsbrowswerhax_auto), i got error
http://up.programosy.pl/foto/1_7261.jpg
http://up.programosy.pl/foto/2_4767.jpg

Yesterday was all ok, i changed date in my old3ds to 01/01/2000, and last succesfull try to run homebrew was around 12:00 today, and now i got this error. when i clicked allow, there is "failed to load part of this page"

Anybody can help me? Sorry for my english.

Lazyjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So ive got strange problem. I launched sysupdate ~20 times yesterday and today morning, i wanted to downgrade 10.3 -> 9.2 and now when i scan qr code (3dsbrowswerhax_auto), i got error
http://up.programosy.pl/foto/1_7261.jpg
http://up.programosy.pl/foto/2_4767.jpg

Yesterday was all ok, i changed date in my old3ds to 01/01/2000, and last succesfull try to run homebrew was around 12:00 today, and now i got this error. when i clicked allow, there is "failed to load part of this page"

Anybody can help me? Sorry for my english.
I downgraded a O3DS today and at some point started to see these messages. I'm not sure what caused it, but it is gone and Browserhax is working again. Make sure to delete the browser data.

PayJi

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I just want to thank you devs and members. I finally managed to downgrade my O3DS 10.3 to 9.2.

It did not work the first time, I tried 4 or 5 with browsehax and nothing was happening when I pressed Y.
I have installed menuhax but the first time sysupdater doesn't launch (black screen). And the second time it worked perfectly :)

Reactions: d3v

Jaysus88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello Guys!
My friend in i bought us 2 n3dsxl and now we are stuck. i have 2 querstions:

first: my friend is/was on firmware 9.6 and followed a tutorial to downgrade, all was fine until he was finally in sysupdater and the downgrade process failed after the first 4-5 entries.
After a Reboot without SD Card everything seemed to run normal but now he can´t launch the menuhax site anymore. We formated the SD card and the system and started from scratch but nothing helped - still no browserhax. is he fucked? what can we do?

second: i am currently on 9.0 and wanted to update to 9.2 that i am on the same firmware as everybody else - dont know why but i want to.
is the update process the same as the tutorials for downgrading?

Thanks guys, you are the only help.

Lazyjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Guys!
My friend in i bought us 2 n3dsxl and now we are stuck. i have 2 querstions:

first: my friend is/was on firmware 9.6 and followed a tutorial to downgrade, all was fine until he was finally in sysupdater and the downgrade process failed after the first 4-5 entries.
After a Reboot without SD Card everything seemed to run normal but now he can´t launch the menuhax site anymore. We formated the SD card and the system and started from scratch but nothing helped - still no browserhax. is he fucked? what can we do?

second: i am currently on 9.0 and wanted to update to 9.2 that i am on the same firmware as everybody else - dont know why but i want to.
is the update process the same as the tutorials for downgrading?

Thanks guys, you are the only help.
1. Browserhax for O3DS<10.2 (sliderhax) is down right now. It also had issues yesterday for a time. We just have to wait

2. Yes, upgrading works the same way as downgrading

Urbanfortitude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hard bricked trying to do this with an old 3DS which had 10.2. i have a N3DS which came with 9.8 and i think it basically had frankenware on it cuz after it failed to downgrade I couldn't get the browserhax trick to work anymore. I have a Japanese N3DS which i got the browserhax working but I'm pretty much afraid to even try downgrading that one. But it's cool to see so many have done it and got it working. Wish i knew what I did wrong though.

MadDog84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hard bricked trying to do this with an old 3DS which had 10.2. i have a N3DS which came with 9.8 and i think it basically had frankenware on it cuz after it failed to downgrade I couldn't get the browserhax trick to work anymore. I have a Japanese N3DS which i got the browserhax working but I'm pretty much afraid to even try downgrading that one. But it's cool to see so many have done it and got it working. Wish i knew what I did wrong though.

Same problem here !

I have a n3ds 9.9, i've followed the tutorial mattkimura made and short after starting the downgrade my n3ds got to the home screen with the "an error has occured" message ! i'm still in 9.9, I can access to the settings and everything but i can't access the homebrew launcher anymore ! It keeps saying "an error has occured please save ......"

Any idea ?

d3v

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi !

I just want to thank you devs and members. I finally managed to downgrade my O3DS 10.3 to 9.2.

It did not work the first time, I tried 4 or 5 with browsehax and nothing was happening when I pressed Y.
I have installed menuhax but the first time sysupdater doesn't launch (black screen). And the second time it worked perfectly :)

Man u are the best ! I tried 39 times with browser hack to downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2, and after read your post the try menuhax and it works now !!!!!! :) at the first time.

Reactions: PayJi

Urbanfortitude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here !

I have a n3ds 9.9, i've followed the tutorial mattkimura made and short after starting the downgrade my n3ds got to the home screen with the "an error has occured" message ! i'm still in 9.9, I can access to the settings and everything but i can't access the homebrew launcher anymore ! It keeps saying "an error has occured please save ......"

Any idea ?
Nah I just decided to buy a 3DS that already has been downgraded to 9.2 and work with that. I don't wanna brick my Japanese 3DS cuz if i do that I have no 3DS at all till then. lot of money spent but eh...shoulda did that in the first place. I used the safesysupdate to do this too lol

MadDog84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay thanks ...

I really don't know what to do ! I have access to everything but the homebrew launcher keeps telling me "an error has occurred". I think I have some kind of light frankenfirmware

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For newcomers, your best chance of success is to first..
-Upgrade to 10.3 using Julian's SysUpdater
-Then downgrade to 9.2 with SafeSysUpdater

** If you try downgrading a firmware other than 10.3 and softbrick, you can only upgrade to latest >10.3 firmware from recovery.

If you don't mind waiting for an official, more stable method from Gateway, that will be your best option.

I know there's a lot of pages to sift through, but everything you need can be found in this thread. Good luck!

Last edited by simbin,
Reactions: PayJi

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Bah, I'm at somewhere around 90 tries. I got it to finally update from 9.9 to 10.3, but no matter what I do, I get the stupid "Titleexception: ain.cpp:148: Failed to get CIA file info!" error when trying to go to 9.2. I've tried Julian's Sysupdater, I've tried safesysupdater, I've tried the regular one, I've tried with and without launching the FTP beforehand. I stood on my head and did a backflip, and I've used OOThax, Browserhax and Menuhax to load it, no dice. Ugh. I'm a half step from chucking the whole system out the window. What the heck do I have to do to get this to work?

Edit: Huh. Whaddya know. Tried safesysupdater one last time on a whim and it worked.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

d3v

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I downgraded a O3DS today and at some point started to see these messages. I'm not sure what caused it, but it is gone and Browserhax is working again. Make sure to delete the browser data.

ive got this once at 10.3, and now when i got 9.2, i tried 4-5 times to run browser hack, before deletd all browser data then restart 3ds, used qr code and manually enter url, and there is always problem with that certificate. Maybe someone got the same problem? Ill post if i find a solution.

Last edited by d3v,

Jaysus88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am on 9.0. And i want to upgrade to 9.2 that i am on the same version as everybody else if there are any changes in the future of CFWs.
The progress is the same as to downgrade? and are there any serious risks? like a hard brick or that i just can go to recovery and install the newest FW?

n3ds xl btw.

Last edited by Jaysus88,

Urbanfortitude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bah, I'm at somewhere around 90 tries. I got it to finally update from 9.9 to 10.3, but no matter what I do, I get the stupid "Titleexception: ain.cpp:148: Failed to get CIA file info!" error when trying to go to 9.2. I've tried Julian's Sysupdater, I've tried safesysupdater, I've tried the regular one, I've tried with and without launching the FTP beforehand. I stood on my head and did a backflip, and I've used OOThax, Browserhax and Menuhax to load it, no dice. Ugh. I'm a half step from chucking the whole system out the window. What the heck do I have to do to get this to work?

Edit: Huh. Whaddya know. Tried safesysupdater one last time on a whim and it worked.

It seem like its just luck of the draw whether it works or not. That's really weird...when I have my proper 3DS though I'll have to see about setting up gateway.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just recently got a N3DS on 9.9U, and I'm trying to follow this tutorial, however, 1 or 4 things happen:

1. I get a black screen upon launching sysUpdater
2. The prompt is incomplete or glitched and pressing buttons does nothing
3. The prompt shows up, but pressing Y results in a "Failed to get CIA file info" error
4. The prompt shows up, but pressing Y doesn't appear to do anything, and pressing B does nothing either.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What file or files do I have to delete from the SD card to make it work with my Old 3DS XL again? Because it does turn on without the card; just not with it. Doing the recovery mode didn't seem to do the trick.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried safeSysUpdater, and it seemed like it was going to work...then it errored out on me, and now I'm trapped in a frankenfirmware 9.9 with a few 9.2 files. And no matter what I do, the sysUpdater from this tutorial laughs at me when trying to use it, burning "Failed to get CIA file info" into my mind forever.

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it running again after deleting the contents of the SD card and starting from scratch. Seems to have done the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head