Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oohhh... Yuck. Not good. If I were you I would not count on Nintendo taking that long to release 10.4 though. The chances are not good in your favor there. I'll bet they're rushing on this one as this is a pretty whopping huge exploit.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
knocked down my 4th, 2nd n3ds, took 2 tries, i didn't use the ftpbrony trick and sysupdater didn't even launch the first time!

NintendoGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, has anyone tried the procedure on N3DS XL (out-of box) from firmware 9.9-26E ->9.2?
I am becoming convinced to try, but I begin already sweat cold.
Do you have any advice for me? The procedure in case I go to a successful conclusion, allow me to use the Gateway Ultra?

Horbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I finally got it to work! Was trying it for days and already given up. I got this "failed to get CIA file info" (or something like this) every single time! Tried different SD cards, hax and sysUpdaters and wasted hours and hours (N3DS XL, European MH4U Edition).

I decided to try the safeSysUpdater by @cpasjuste a last try and it worked so damn good!

So everyone who also gets this "failed to get CIA file info" error, try the safeSysUpdater by @cpasjuste !

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends. If you're going to use browserhax on them, and 10.4 already is out, Nintendo can force you to update if you want to use the browser which make the hax unusable for you. Pray to the spirit of Iwata that Nintendo doesn't release a new FW before releasing the console.

From version >9.9 what I've read so it's no problem for your 9.1 N3DS. So if OmegaPikachu wants to upgrade his 10.3 N3DS, and 10.4 has been released, the browser is going to ask him to update before using it.

So If 10.4 Firmware is released before February 27th (when the console is released), If it has 9.9+ firmware the browser will require it be updated to 10.4? Hence not making the hack useable?

So my only chance would be the incredibly unlikely chance that the console would have 9.8 or lower firmware on it correct?

If I'm wrong please tell me what it does need to have in order for me to downgrade. I may not purchase one if its a very unlikely chance of being able to use it with gateway.

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could go the Cubic Ninja route. Now that you remind me of Gateway, remember, they say they'll have it working on sysNAND up to 10.3 soon. I see no reason at all to assume rxTools and other CFWs won't do it too (or more accurately they'll probably beat Gateway to it.) The browser is one easy and free way to exploit, bet there are other potential exploits such as Cubic Ninja and OOT3D. I don't know if anyone will find another free way outside the browser though.

And I would definitely not count on any system released almost a full month and a half from today having a remotely low firmware. I still think they'll come with 10.4 which will probably come any day now.

Last edited by Nazosan,

anoxamoon

Trophies
XP
Country
am screwed.... everything went fine until i rebooted to a brick. I tried to find a solution for hours trying everything. finally i discovered the reason... i used a firmware for n3DS on my 3DS... :(
Now i have a heavy brick in the shape of a 3DSXL! so sad.
any one knows any uses for it other than a paper weight? can it EVER be saved?

D

Deleted-355425

am screwed.... everything went fine until i rebooted to a brick. I tried to find a solution for hours trying everything. finally i discovered the reason... i used a firmware for n3DS on my 3DS... :(

Did you have a nand dump from it?

Adam Lashley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got it to work! Was trying it for days and already given up. I got this "failed to get CIA file info" (or something like this) every single time! Tried different SD cards, hax and sysUpdaters and wasted hours and hours (N3DS XL, European MH4U Edition).

I decided to try the safeSysUpdater by @cpasjuste a last try and it worked so damn good!

So everyone who also gets this "failed to get CIA file info" error, try the safeSysUpdater by @cpasjuste !
might try this, keep getting that error

lytro

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tried it on my o3ds on 10.3E.

The 3ds fell of my table and crashed during the downgrade.

Now i cant start the HBL anymore.
All I get is a blackscreen with the message "The ROPbin is ready"

What should I do now?

EDIT: NVM, after several tries, i was able to launch the HBL and the downgrader again.

EDIT2: Now the Menu freezes after pressing Y. I dont see any progress. Help?

EDIT3: And a blackscreen when usind safesysupdater. ._.

Last edited by lytro,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always always ALWAYS[/b] backup your sysNAND before screwing with it!

What would you guys say the % chance of success and % chance of bricking is?
If you look at the votes on this thread you essentially have your answer. There is about an 18% chance of a soft-brick on average if you do things exactly right. Though this number shows neither the fact that N3DS systems are more likely and O3DS systems less likely nor the fact that people who get that soft-brick will likely experience it again several times before it works right.

I hope they provide before feb 27th. lol
People keep counting on all this stuff to be ready before that new system release, but that just isn't realistic. Nintendo is going to be releasing that update any moment now blocking all this. While they may not have time to update them normally, I wouldn't count on that. They'll have more than a full month to do this. So don't be shocked if those systems all come on 10.4...

BTW, I imagine all the third party CFWs will also support up to 10.3 soon too. I wouldn't actually be shocked if they beat Gateway to it in fact. There's a reason people have been jokingly calling them "Gaitwait" for quite some time.

Last edited by Nazosan,

ThanosGameFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Succesfully downgraded my O3DS from 9.4 to 9.4. It took a few tries, both on broswer hax to enable the homebrew channel and then a few tries to downgrade. So you guys who follow the instructions and it doesnt work keep on trying and read the 1st post and it will work eventually.

hcenteno21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Succesfully downgraded my O3DS from 9.4 to 9.4. It took a few tries, both on broswer hax to enable the homebrew channel and then a few tries to downgrade. So you guys who follow the instructions and it doesnt work keep on trying and read the 1st post and it will work eventually.
All that work to stay at 9.4? :ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....