Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Place all of the CIAs for the update you wish to downgrade to into the folder. (I cannot link these for legal purposes. Sorry!)

I've googled this and can't find anything to help me with this step. Could someone send me a PM or give me some sort of hint on this? Thank you.

Panic.exe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bricked similar to what PF2M described in his earlier post:

Was about 4 CIAs into installation and then interrupted by a black error screen in the regular 3DS font saying that an error has occurred and that I need to restart.

I am unable to enter Recovery Mode. Tried with and without SD card inserted.

I am on N3DSXL running 9.9 with MenuHax.

Has anyone who hasn't used MenuHax experienced a brick?

I'm guessing you ignored the Red text telling you not to attempt Downgrading a n3ds because it would brick your console...

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
....and brick.... apparently if it hangs at "Getting CIA file informations..." ??

DO NOT FORCE RESET

I did a hard reset, didn't bricked but now eshop and system settings are gone... I can get into recovery mode, so I'll try to update.

Also, is it possible to downgrade everything except for system settings? I have the feeling that recovery mode needs a working system settings (idk, since I don't have System Settings and still booted into recovery mode)

hahaha1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if I boot my 3ds without sd it boot on 9.2.0 but with sd the screen stays black.
is this normal?

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
My 3DS just freezes whenever I boot sysUpdater. No reaction when pressing Y, A or B. What should I do now? I've tried this two times already, with no luck. Thank god resetting works fine.

EDIT: By the way, I'm using Ironhax.

ka_kui

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
a friend got this screen hanged like 10 min....what he need to do?....hard reset?

454fb02628f093c8f29e4e131f996b14.png

Mai Heroes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black screen, removing SD card does nothing. Holding L+R+A+UP does nothing. Guess I'm screwed.

I got all the way through the downgrade, it was stuck at "Complete! Rebooting in 10 seconds."
Nothing happened for a few minutes so I turned it off, now I've got black screen for days.

Evoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mind giving some details on your 3DS, like the model, FW, entrypoint, etc.?
Model: NA SuperSmashBros 3DS XL
FW: The latest one prior to downgrading
Entrypoint: Menuhax
Error: Hard reset when stuck on reboot screen. Turning on 3DS leads to black screen with power message, with or without SD card, and recovery menu not loading.

Cristina With Love

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Black screen, removing SD card does nothing. Holding L+R+A+UP does nothing. Guess I'm screwed.

I got all the way through the downgrade, it was stuck at "Complete! Rebooting in 10 seconds."
Nothing happened for a few minutes so I turned it off, now I've got black screen for days.

Take out your sd card then boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo