Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello!
In recent days, there have been many developments within the 3DS homebrew community, with one of them being kernel access! With this, we now have a way to downgrade 3DSs and do whatever we want with kernel on >=9.3 3DSs. What's that? You want to downgrade? Well then, here's how...

PLEASE NOTE: JP N3DS Users, you'll need to remove the 000400102002CA00 title in order to not get bricked! Not sure if other regions need to do this as well...

Please OP add this because it's important for the people who are using a Mac

If you get this error while downgrading

I keep getting titleExeption:
main.cpp:100: Result: 0xD8E08067
failed to get CIA file info!

IF you're using a mac download BlueHarvest to get rid of the ._ files.

Mac creates a weird ass file extensions "._filename" and the cia files are no exception. And those files are the ones that the sysUpdate is reading that's why we get the error, but once you delete them with BlueHarvest (it's free for 30 days) everything works.

I succesfully went from 10.3 to 9.2 :D

LolCakeLazors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got Failed to get CIA file info error.

Tried Ironhax but sysUpdater wouldn't load
Tried browserhax and sysUpdater wouldn't get CIA file information
Tried homemenuhax/themehax and it gives me the failed to get CIA file info error.

This is using the most recent version out from stewie.

EDIT: Goddamn looks like it was Mac error

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So once I am on 9.2 I can install CFW right? And will I keep my legit installed games? Also thx for making this tutorial man :)

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
So once I am on 9.2 I can install CFW right? And will I keep my legit installed games? Also thx for making this tutorial man :)
Yeah, follow any tutorial you would normally use if you were originally on 9.2. The legit games depend if they require 9.2+ if you are on N3DS, other than at you are fine.

Reactions: DutchyDutch

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
made an account so that someone could help me with this, I've tried 3 times in a row already, first 2 tries were made with a 9.0.0 version of the FW and the last one was made with the 9.2 firmware, the thing is that, sysupdate says that all the cia files were installed and then it reboots, but I wont get past this screen when I turn on my 3DS,

Error Message: Error Has Occurred. Hold down the Power Button to turn the power off.

5a2o02.jpg

I thought It was bricked at first but I was able to get into recovery mode.

so, does anyone knows what am I doing wrong?

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please OP add this because it's important for the people who are using a Mac

If you get this error while downgrading

Mac creates a weird ass file extensions "._filename" and the cia files are no exception. And those files are the ones that the sysUpdate is reading that's why we get the error, but once you delete them with BlueHarvest (it's free for 30 days) everything works.

I succesfully went from 10.3 to 9.2 :D
I'm getting the same error and I'm not even on a mac.

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
made an account so that someone could help me with this, I've tried 3 times in a row already, first 2 tries were made with a 9.0.0 version of the FW and the last one was made with the 9.2 firmware, the thing is that, sysupdate says that all the cia files were installed and then it reboots, but I wont get past this screen when I turn on my 3DS,

Error Message: Error Has Occurred. Hold down the Power Button to turn the power off.

I thought It was bricked at first but I was able to get into recovery mode.

so, does anyone knows what am I doing wrong?
Probably means you downloaded the wrong version (and/or region). Double check your files and verify if they got correctly copied, especially if you were doing it over FTP. What is the filename of your cia update packages?

Av448

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I tried to downgrade, bricked.

Got to Recovery Mode and succesfully updated, tried again to downgrade, BRICKED.

Updating again.

Am i doing something wrong? this is growing tedious on me, i don't see the day it's going to work

EDIT: Also i would like to know if someone else who got bricked too was able to get the downgrade working by trying again, i'm using O3DS, Ironhax

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm getting the same error and I'm not even on a mac.

I can't give you an answer but you can try finding a way t see hidden files on windows? Maybe is the same problem as mac and the sysupdate recognize other files than the real ones

Evoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably means you downloaded the wrong version (and/or region). Double check your files and verify if they got correctly copied, especially if you were doing it over FTP. What is the filename of your cia update packages?
I'm getting the same error and was using 9.2.0-20U(Full) from that iso site which had 126 files and was approx 170MB in size.

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting the same error and was using 9.2.0-20U(Full) from that iso site which had 126 files and was approx 170MB in size.
Huh, that's weird. And that's the correct amount of files too. Try redownloading both the update package and sysupdater, and try then. If that doesn't work, I have no idea.

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

both are called: 9.0.0-20U(full) and 9.2.0-20U(full) , If that someonehow helps, Im donwloading another 9.2 FW as we talk, gonna give it a 4th try before calling it a day and trying it tommorow

shadowla05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And just like that i bricked my 3ds after downgrade process stopped and gave me the An error has occurred hold down the power button message. Now it wont boot not even to recovery black screen with power light only ;(

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried to downgrade, bricked.

Got to Recovery Mode and succesfully updated, tried again to downgrade, BRICKED.

Updating again.

Am i doing something wrong? this is growing tedious on me, i don't see the day it's going to work

EDIT: Also i would like to know if someone else who got bricked too was able to get the downgrade working by trying again, i'm using O3DS, Ironhax

MenuHax is the one who has a bigger success rate, I couldn't use Ironhax for this. MenuHax on the other han worked flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay