Homebrew Simple DSiWare Game Injection Question

TonsofPuppies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an O3DS which is running 11.6 and CFW (Luma 9.0). I've been using it for awhile now, but there are certain limitations on the things you can do with it because it is not as powerful (or is lacking some hardware) in comparison to the N3DS. I purchased a N3DS a few months ago, which I've avoided hacking due to the ban wave in the Spring of 2017. I'm less worried about being banned now, as the mass bannings seem to have passed. I also understand that there is always a risk involved regardless.

Anyway, my N3DS (target 3DS) is my main unit and as such, has a NNID (and eShop purchases) attached to it. My CFW O3DS (source 3DS) has no NNID attached to it. When I do the system transfer, what happens to my NNID on the target system? If I had a NNID on the source, I know it would be transferred over to the target, but if I don't, am I free to just relink with my NNID on the target after I perform the system transfer? Basically, all I care about is keeping my current NNID on the target N3DS after performing the system transfer from the O3DS (which has no NNID).

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS which is running 11.6 and CFW (Luma 9.0). I've been using it for awhile now, but there are certain limitations on the things you can do with it because it is not as powerful (or is lacking some hardware) in comparison to the N3DS. I purchased a N3DS a few months ago, which I've avoided hacking due to the ban wave in the Spring of 2017. I'm less worried about being banned now, as the mass bannings seem to have passed. I also understand that there is always a risk involved regardless.

Anyway, my N3DS (target 3DS) is my main unit and as such, has a NNID (and eShop purchases) attached to it. My CFW O3DS (source 3DS) has no NNID attached to it. When I do the system transfer, what happens to my NNID on the target system? If I had a NNID on the source, I know it would be transferred over to the target, but if I don't, am I free to just relink with my NNID on the target after I perform the system transfer? Basically, all I care about is keeping my current NNID on the target N3DS after performing the system transfer from the O3DS (which has no NNID).
The problem is im not 100% certain, but Im fairly sure that if the source 3ds has no nnid linked to it, one if 2 things will happen:

1. The n3ds won't have an nnid on it at all, but you can relink the n3ds nnid easliy

2. The n3ds will keep its nnid.

TonsofPuppies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is im not 100% certain, but Im fairly sure that if the source 3ds has no nnid linked to it, one if 2 things will happen:

1. The n3ds won't have an nnid on it at all, but you can relink the n3ds nnid easliy

2. The n3ds will keep its nnid.

If I'm not mistaken, the steps say that you have to format the target 3DS if it has a NNID, which I'll be doing. So basically, neither will have a NNID linked when the system transfer takes place. So it seems pretty clear that I should be able to link my NNID after I do the transfer, but I always like to be 100% before doing things like this.

Reactions: Giodude

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm not mistaken, the steps say that you have to format the target 3DS if it has a NNID, which I'll be doing. So basically, neither will have a NNID linked when the system transfer takes place. So it seems pretty clear that I should be able to link my NNID after I do the transfer, but I always like to be 100% before doing things like this.

o3ds is without NNID? so you cannot buy the dsiware necessary. to make a system transfer the source system must have the NNID.
You can however use the single system DSI injection, no system transfer needed.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/seedminer-single-system-dsiware-injection.495685/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dis-dsihax-injection-service.496072/

let me know if you want more help on this but basically.

since you have your NNID on the target console, buy a compatible DSIware there.
add its friendcode to your o3ds, use homebrew to get the LFCS, combine it with ID0 and then start the bruteforcing, I can help with this is you'd like, should take anything from 5 mins to 4-6 hours depending.

then you can inject directly on your target with the help of the second link. no fuzzing about with system transfers and such.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o3ds is without NNID? so you cannot buy the dsiware necessary. to make a system transfer the source system must have the NNID.

add its friendcode to your o3ds, use homebrew to get the LFCS, combine it with ID0 and then start the bruteforcing, I can help with this is you'd like, should take anything from 5 mins to 4-6 hours depending.

then you can inject directly on your target with the help of the second link. no fuzzing about with system transfers and such.
They'll still have to do the transfer afterwards, but this is a much better idea, especially if they transfer afterwards with the source 3ds not having an nnid.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
They'll still have to do the transfer afterwards, but this is a much better idea, especially if they transfer afterwards with the source 3ds not having an nnid.

No since they will gain cfw on the target there is no need to touch anything else on the source. The target already has the desired NNID and as such it'd be a huge hassle if he formats or system transfers on to it.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No since they will gain cfw on the target there is no need to touch anything else on the source. The target already has the desired NNID and as such it'd be a huge hassle if he formats or system transfers on to it.
Well it would be an easy method to transfer a massive amounts of games and saves, though if the o3ds doesn't have much on it it's not necessary.

TonsofPuppies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The O3DS already has the necessary software (Sudoko). I used to have another 3DS with CFW (I can't remember which one had CFW first that I did the transfer/restore to now). The O3DS has no NNID and it also has the Sudoko game. If I remember correctly, you don't need to create a NNID to purchase from the eShop. Or at least, you didn't at the time.

EDIT:

Yes, you don't need a NNID to make a purchase from the eShop - I just checked on Nintendos website. But you do need one for a free demo download (lol).

Last edited by TonsofPuppies,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
The O3DS already has the necessary software (Sudoko). I used to have another 3DS with CFW (I can't remember which one had CFW first that I did the transfer/restore to now). The O3DS has no NNID and it also has the Sudoko game. If I remember correctly, you don't need to create a NNID to purchase from the eShop. Or at least, you didn't at the time.

EDIT:

Yes, you don't need a NNID to make a purchase from the eShop - I just checked on Nintendos website. But you do need one for a free demo download (lol).

Hmm. I see then. Well I think it's still easier to just put cfw on the n3ds without system transfer.

TonsofPuppies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. I see then. Well I think it's still easier to just put cfw on the n3ds without system transfer.

Thanks for the input. I decided to simply do the system transfer, because it's just what I'm used to and what I've done before. It worked without a hitch. I was able to relink my Target N3DS's NNID without any issue after the DSiWare Injection System Transfer. Thanks to everyone who took a moment to reply.

Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up