Silent Hill 2: Easter Egg?

wonkeytonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're in the Lake View Hotel and don't yet have the key to unlock the gate that blocks floor 3 (the floor where Mary's room is), this one subtle little easter egg came in while I was playing that was both creepy and rather realistic. It only happened once even though I tried to hear it again, but if you stand right in front of that gate, you'll hear Mary just call for James ("James?").

Did anyone else find this?

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This video matches your description:

If it doesn't skip to the 30 second mark, I recommend clicking past the dude's intro.

This is making me miss Silent Hill 2, but I played it through tons of times back in the day. To this day, I still haven't played Maria's mini-scenario. In fact, I found out much later that the Born from a Wish segment was included in the Greatest Hits version on PS2.

I've never thought about it until now, but I bet Born from a Wish isn't even on the HD Remaster. The devs did, after all, claim that Konami sent them an unfinished build of the PS2 version. What a mess that was.

Reactions: wonkeytonk

wonkeytonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This video matches your description:

If it doesn't skip to the 30 second mark, I recommend clicking past the dude's intro.

This is making me miss Silent Hill 2, but I played it through tons of times back in the day. To this day, I still haven't played Maria's mini-scenario. In fact, I found out much later that the Born from a Wish segment was included in the Greatest Hits version on PS2.

I've never thought about it until now, but I bet Born from a Wish isn't even on the HD Remaster. The devs did, after all, claim that Konami sent them an unfinished build of the PS2 version. What a mess that was.

Yeah.. damn the great and scary attention to detail in this masterpiece (not counting the remake).

666nyan666

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I made the same discovery when I played through the game last week.

They put so many little details into Silent Hill 2 that i'm sure we'll all be finding something new every time we play through it.

Reactions: wonkeytonk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==