Hacking Sign of life from wiikey team :)

Lain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There can be many reasons for the update to be taking so long to come out..

One of them is that since Wiikey is trying to get a way to disable any Wiikey clone upgrade functionality that they are losing too much time on it.. or.. they simply are having lots of problems with making it working properly.

I sure wont upgrade my Wiikey so soon, at least not until I get some positive feedbacks from some PAL users
tongue.gif

mickeyash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naruto Shippuuden is for NTSC/J and it is not necessarily better than the GC version (less playable characters compared to GNT 4). My Wii is US version so i thought by buying Wiikey it will allow me to play that Naruto Shippuuden and also the GC version (all of em are NTSC/J).

Yeah apparently in Shippuuden you can inifinite combo people when they go to recover from a knocked-down position. There're a lot of videos on Youtube about it. I still want to play Shippuuden, but it's got like a third as many characters and apparently the combos are broken (infinites), so I'd definitely prefer to have GNT4 working as well.

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I personally have the WiiKey to play PAL games, but some games are released much earlier in the US and I want to play them too (remember Paper Mario!). But this is just a minor issue because most games will come out in Europe eventually.

A bigger problem are the GC games. Wii games that are burned on my PC work every time, but with GC games I get error almost every time. I don't know if that problem would be issued with the release, but that is the only reason I want the update, please! 8-)

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have we all been conned? Can the wiiket be actually updated? They were going to release the firmware regardless of the clones. They were testing it and promised it would be out in about a week. When cyclowiz users were being messed about, they did say if an update wasn't released, the beta testers could release the beta. Idon't think their was ever a beta to test or release.

I'm just mad about the broken promises as I invested in an original wiikey. I have a modded gamecube for games and stick to wii PAL games. All the wii games I've played work which is the main reason for getting the wii chipped in the first place. Being able to play copied gamecube games is a bonus.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I really regret buying wiikey now... I remember before they released the chip, they said that "expect cool updates to come! hot new functions!", I got to admit that it bought me...

but at least it plays Wii backups, and does the basic of things, it would be a different story if it didn't do anything at all.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just ordered my wiikey and a good friend of mine is going to install it for me so i don't fuck up =) Playing wii back ups is all I wish to be able to do.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP