Sigma Harmonics Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ObsidianTK, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2009

Sigma Harmonics Translation by ObsidianTK at 3:19 PM (15,299 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. ObsidianTK
    OP

Newcomer ObsidianTK Newbie

United States
    I'm planning on playing through Sigma Harmonics soon, and there doesn't seem to be any English translation, well, anywhere. As I know Japanese, I'll still be playing the game, and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in me jotting down a quick English translation as I go. If there's enough interest, it wouldn't be too much effort for me to do it, but I don't know jack about actually hacking ROMs, so it would just be a text of the script. Should I bother?

2. TwilitSky

Newcomer TwilitSky Member

United States
    It's been discussed before. The text is in a form that can't be manipulated... I'm not a hacker myself, so I don't know all the terms. But it can't be done.

3. shineek

Member shineek GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    well theres always a way but for now no one knows how to do it so it can't be done , maybe someday someone will find a way to manipulate the text in this game but for now its impossible

4. bealuvsme

Newcomer bealuvsme Member

Philippines
    well, considering that there are people wanting this game translated and no chance of this being translated, i'm sure some people would appreciate the gesture. [​IMG]

5. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
  6. ObsidianTK
    OP

Newcomer ObsidianTK Newbie

United States
    Reading my post is your friend. I wasn't going to actually hack the script out or hack English into the game, I've got absolutely zero clue how to do that sort of thing. I was just offering to jot down translations for what I see in the game, as I play the game.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    You can go ahead and do that, but once again, the search button is your friend.

Sigma Harmonics Guide

Believe me, you don't want to get into an argument with me about this.

8. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Why would Japanese text be readable when vertical, but not English? Differences in the language structure?

9. shineek

Member shineek GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    the diffrence is in our culture , we read horizontal from left to right , and in japanese culture they read vertical from right to left
    its now that it wouldnt be readable but it would look ugly like hell and i can say with 100% accuracy that it wouldnt sell good , so there want be any official release and a fan release for now looks impossible , if you want to start translating it then you better start of with finding a method for unpacking the text

10. Islay

Member Islay GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    hmm, I'm love to see it done, I'm not a hacker and I don't know Japaneses , but couldn't you just guy remove the Japaneses file, hack the game to read a different format and use the same type as all other games ?
    which would bypass the hole need to edit the Weird format files, thought I could see some size changes in the rom.

just my 2 cents.

Disregard my idea if its been said.

11. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    It might end up being one of those games that gets a rough looking translation just to make it easier to play. Sometimes the technical hurdles are too much.

12. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.