Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jumped ship to sighax. pretty easy install if moving from a9lh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So whats the benefit of upgrading?

If you intend on using luma, it's a requirement, as future updates won't be released in a9lh format.

Spazturtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would guess not that hard and there will probably be a converter if hg9/decrypt9 don't get updates.

I'm more concerned with a separate bootloader like ctrbootmanager, since now that we are no longer booting from the SD card Luma3DS updates now carry a risk of bricking your 3DS.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so uh... just curious... why is everyone rushing to install this?

unless i missed something big, it doesn't seem like there's any immediate benefit over a9lh for the majority of the general public

i probably missed something big.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
so uh... just curious... why is everyone rushing to install this?

unless i missed something big, it doesn't seem like there's any immediate benefit over a9lh for the majority of the general public

i probably missed something big.

Newer versions of Luma will require it and the current sighax only Luma does have some layeredfs fixes.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they are the same thing, but Sighax was the name that Derrek gave it. He will probably never release his though.
Actually derrick decided to be obnoxious and release sighax exactly when boot9strap did.
Probably in an attempted to still be called the one that gave it to the community.

Also for those asking boot9strap and sighax are both essentially the same concept, but afaik slightly different implementations, boot9strap being to best supported already by the community. So sorry Derrek, but you are too late on this one. If you wanted to praise of it you should have released before the community figured it out without you.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer versions of Luma will require it and the current sighax only Luma does have some layeredfs fixes.
i see. i've got no qualms with my 3ds currently on a9lh, so i don't think i'll mess with sighax for now

easier decryption process sounds tempting though

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Larger (unlimited?) payload size, the ability to use newer versions of Luma, the ability to easily dump your own bootroms so you can encrypt/decrypt stuff on your computer instead of needing a 3ds.
Besides Luma 3ds future updates only being for this, Is there any benefits for just a casual user, or is all just for users that want to get into encrypt/decryt things for 3ds.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
i am curious about how to fix nand errors if bootstrap is installed
i got a 3ds that has a black screen once it's powered , but if you push the power button , the power off screen shows up , and if i press the home button , it just freezes
video of the problem :

Last edited by mitroux,

nwhiteman42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see. i've got no qualms with my 3ds currently on a9lh, so i don't think i'll mess with sighax for now

easier decryption process sounds tempting though
Its literally a five minute process.
https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
Luma will require it from now on so you'll porbably want to do it to stay current.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i am curious about how to fix nand errors if bootstrap is installed
i got a 3ds that has a black screen once it's powered , but if you push the power button , the power off screen shows up , and if i press the home button , it just freezes
Boot into godmode9 and restore ur nand backup

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides Luma 3ds future updates only being for this, Is there any benefits for just a casual user, or is all just for users that want to get into encrypt/decryt things for 3ds.

IMO, being able to pull down future system updates and being able to update your cfw accordingly is a pretty damn big benefit of going this route....

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?