Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's different when you're a high profile person that has appeared openly in public.
I mean it could just happen to show up from an anon on a random torrent site. Just saying.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is what's probably going to happen.
And when and if it does, expect torrent sites to get sued by the big N. xD

If it's highly illegal, in which it is (uploading copyrighted content without consent of Nintendo), then I will assume they will take action cuz boot9 is a very very powerful file and make things 20x worse for the company.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Starzcream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If it's highly illegal, in which it is (uploading copyrighted content without consent of Nintendo), then I will assume they will take action cuz boot9 is a very very powerful file and make things 20x worse for the company.

Shit I can have someone in India do it lmao

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can it be more illegal than anything else we're doing K exploits A9LH Piracy Freeshop it all does one thing circumvent 3ds security the only way i can think of it MORE illegal is by holding the info for ransom
a9lh and freeShop are completely legal. You can use them for illegal purposes, but that's the letter of the law. boot9 is copyrighted and sharing that would be a copyright violation.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: GerbilSoft

Starzcream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to write a bootable image to the Wi-Fi SPI flash (this is probably used by some repair tools), but you still need a signed image. Sighax could be used here, but again, that requires knowing exactly what the signature vulnerability is, which requires a dump of the Boot ROM. (And we're back to square 1.)

Reference for the Wi-Fi SPI flash (for DS mode, at least): http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#dsfirmwareserialflashmemory

Starzcream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to write a bootable image to the Wi-Fi SPI flash (this is probably used by some repair tools), but you still need a signed image. Sighax could be used here, but again, that requires knowing exactly what the signature vulnerability is, which requires a dump of the Boot ROM. (And we're back to square 1.)

Reference for the Wi-Fi SPI flash (for DS mode, at least): http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#dsfirmwareserialflashmemory

I read somewhere spi flash bypasses encryption well console specific anyway. Providing 3.3v would power the chip without turning on the console. Same for nand risk of frying though

Last edited by Starzcream,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it'll get released, I don't think hedge will be the one to do it. Hedge said she'd try to give us an "easy" way to get it ourselves. Not sure what that means exactly.

I hear someone involved in the scene has a tendency to release whatever they get their hands on...

Reactions: gnmmarechal

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it'll get released, I don't think hedge will be the one to do it. Hedge said she'd try to give us an "easy" way to get it ourselves. Not sure what that means exactly.

I hear someone involved in the scene has a tendency to release whatever they get their hands on...
I could've sworn Hedgeberg has said in multiple streams she would publicly release it. Unless she changed her mind. Or I was really baked. Either is completely possible.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know, the DSi Common key is still floating around. But wouldn't that be an almost impossible fight for them to win? Because by the time the legal battle is over, plenty of people will have it and it would be distributed even more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI