Homebrew SigHax Updates and Discussion Thread

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what IS the reason getting this over A9LH for an end user like myself? Cause from what I've gather, it's something devs can do? I'm just confused to why I need this.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The vulnerability itself is impossible to patch, but that doesn't mean Nintendo can't work around FIRM write protection to reinstall the original FIRM.

Granted, it *is* easier to reinstall Sighax/Boot9Strap than A9LH if that happens.
That's a lot of work that don't think would be worth it.

TLNiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Should the "a9lh to b9s" section include instructions for backing up NAND at the end of it? I would assume that's necessary to do.
If you originally set up a9lh and made NAND backup back there, you don't really need to have to do the same after you transfer to b9s, since all you do is simply move from one exploit to another, without much manipulations with firmware. But if you feel like making extra NAND backup - I believe it is possible via GodMod9(but I don't know how personally) or via Decrypt9(since d0k3 also released firm-support version of it) with your usual Luma chainloading.

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you originally set up a9lh and made NAND backup back there, you don't really need to have to do the same after you transfer to b9s, since all you do is simply move from one exploit to another, without much manipulations with firmware. But if you feel like making extra NAND backup - I believe it is possible via GodMod9(but I don't know how personally) or via Decrypt9(since d0k3 also released firm-support version of it) with your usual Luma chainloading.

https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage#nand_backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1d3daJ0HE