Gaming Sigh, I hate to ask this, but, can I update?

Ulttimaa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently picked up a PSP 2000. It's hackable as far as I know. I've got an 8gb Memory Stick and a Pandora's Battery coming, but I decided to go out and pick up Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for 16$.

Now, I've got Firmware 3.95 on here. I've heard that Pandora's Battery will be able to install custom firmware onto any version, but the thread that tells me that was made back in 07.

So, I really need to know. Monster Hunter forces me to update to 5.03 or later(Will this update to 5.03, or just simply the latest version?) if I want to play it, and I'd rather not wait until my stuff comes to play it. Once I update to 5.03(or if it makes me, later versions), can I still mod my PSP?

Ulttimaa

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I should be able to use a Pandora's Battery on it, as far as I know.

So basically, if I update, I'll be perfectly safe and when my Pandora's battery gets here, I'll still be able to install CFW?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a Pandora's it will work. The firmware cannot patch against the battery hence the reason they came out with new mother boards for them. Just be sure you have a TA-88 v3.

I also believe you can still flash a PSP without a battery if its 5.03 or before.

EDIT: Jamsruth beat me to the 5.03 with chickhen.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure without a Pandora's battery. I think chickHEN will work on the TA-88 v3 as well. You don't need a battery to hack your PSP as it is.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Simply use the Pandora to install a CFW and you will be fine unless you have a TA-88 v3 (the Pandora Menu will tell you what Board is in the PSP)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Can you just edit the save file on a PC?