ShowMiiWads 1.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Leathl, Oct 11, 2009.

Oct 11, 2009

ShowMiiWads 1.0 by Leathl at 6:15 PM (4,028 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. Leathl
    OP

Member Leathl GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    ShowMiiWads is a 'WAD File Manager' for Windows.
    It is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
    The .NET-Framework 2.0 is required to run this application!
    The (Common-)Key.bin is required for full functionality (Can be created using Tools -> Create Common-Key)

For further information or if you have suggestions, found bugs or anything else,
    visit: http://showmiiwads.googlecode.com/
    You can simply translate the application by editing the example.slang, if you
    want to have your translation included into the application, contact me..

Download: http://code.google.com/p/showmiiwads/downloads/list
    (Please just link to this site and don't mirror the archive, thanks!)

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. User423

Member User423 GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    Thank you, love it! [​IMG]

3. Yyhhggtt

Member Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
  4. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Very nice, thank you.

5. thefunkygibbon

Newcomer thefunkygibbon Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    excellent. does this allow you to actually "install" wads to a mem card via a PC... ie without having to do it via the Wii? would be nice to be able to do that (no idea if it is even feasible!)
    would also be handy if you could multiple select items (ie shift/ctrl click on a bunch to run actions on them instead of one at a time)
    also also,.. deleting a wad seems to send the app a bit spazzy. ie my folder of a fair few wads when i deleted one it looks like it is reloading the whole folder again (it took about 10 mins to do it the first time and havent yet waited that long again, but I'm assuming thats what its doing)

and whats with the filesize/block count being very vague? is it not possible to accurately tell from the wad how much space it is going to take up?

6. Leathl
    OP

Germany

7. guysensei

Newcomer guysensei Member

Japan
    Amazing, this should speed up our projects tremendously. Thank you for your work!

8. Leathl
    OP

Germany
    updated to 1.0b due to a heavy bug that was displaying every entry multiple times in ShowMiiNand.
    see the changelog

9. Yyhhggtt

Member Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    KK thanks again! Downloading it again

4th download! ^^

10. john1010_ma

Member john1010_ma GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    A life saver! thank you!

Now can finally see the real names of those wiiware folder and ticket numbers in my nand

11. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    as far as using this to install wads to a nand on USB/SD it should be straight forward. it will need to decrypt the contents and just create the 2 proper folders in the file structure. the names of the folders are (i believe)
    title/(0xupper)/(0xlower)/content/
    ticket/(0xupper)/(0xlower)/
    so for installing a wad of IOS60 you would need the folders to be called /00000001/0000003c/
    then just copy the decrypted shit into those folders. obviously the ticket goes in eth ticket folder and put the rest of the shit in the content folder. im just going from memory here, so double check with FTPii. if you see a data folder, that is gamesave shit. the main thing is just use the first u32 of the title for 1 folder (the type) and the last u32 for the subfolder.

type 00010001 titles not starting with "H" should appear in triiforce unless they have changed it around since i last saw the source. i guess you can add different IOS to the nand being emulated (but it will be completely useless because reloading ios will kill emulation just like it kills alt dol games).

12. Leathl
    OP

Germany
    i meant that files used for the sd card menu.
    installation to a nand backup is already possible.

13. Tetsuo Shima

Member Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Just PM'd an italian translation

14. thefunkygibbon

Newcomer thefunkygibbon Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    well actions on multiple files would be useful region free'ing or deleting.. to name 2 which i came across last night.

the "installing" to mem card? is that just not possible at all yet? it just seems a bit of a ball ache with having to copy wad to mem card move mem card to wii install to mem go to mem manager copy game to sd. takes about 10 mins per game. guess its something to do with encryption though.

sorry about the wad size thing, i scoured the f.a.q's for the other questions but wasnt looking for this question at that point so passed me by. doh.

15. Leathl
    OP

Germany
    batch changing to region free is possible, there's an option 'Complete Folder To Region Free' [​IMG]
    as for the deletion i'm sure you can use the windows explorer [​IMG]

afair, the channel files on the sd card are encrypted in a .bin file.
    i already thought about it a few weeks ago, but must have forgotten it. dunno if i can handle those files, i'll search for some documentation on it

16. Leathl
    OP

Germany
    btw translations are still wanted [​IMG]
    (except of german, french, italian, spanish and norwegian, which are already done)

17. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i don't have a system menu that will create the .bin of the channel from the SD card menu, but have you tried decrypting it with the common key? i would be interrested to see if 1)every wii created the identical .bin for every channel 2)the file size of the .bin is congruent with the size of the folders in the nand.

My guess is that the .bin will contain only the contents of the title/blabla/blbla/content folder. this means that you will still need to put a ticket on the wii through conventional methods; and before you can create this .bin, you will need to know what is in the shared folders of the wii. And if you are going to be poking around this much in the nand, you might as well put a channel there while you're at it.

18. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    1.0b is excellent for use with Triiforce, ShowmiiNAND is a nice feature to show the channels of a NAND dump so you can delete channels not needed in the dump for WW/VC launching in Triiforce, keeps the EMU size down

19. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Nice to see it released as 1.0 [​IMG]

I tested it and it works great with nand.

I see you added it to Wiibrew, and it seems to create ethic problem with wads and nand. It's almost cross line (I think it's illegal as it's allow to install to nand, it's my fault sorry [​IMG] )
    If you plan to add bootmii nand, add a remaining blocks check, to be able to restore edited nand to wii.

I saw few errors in French translation, maybe it's already corrected :
    I'll tell you here to correct for the next release (no offense to Carbonyle)

Edit/Change Region Flag/Complete Folder To Region Free -> Opération de dézonnage terminé
    Correction : Appliquer le dézonnage au dossier complet
    or Maybe better (see With Carbonyle what he think is better, I personally like the second one) :
    Dézonner tous les Wad du dossier

Option/Create Backups Before Editing -> Faîtes des sauvegardes avant d'éditer vos fichiers
    Correction : Créer une sauvegarde avant l'édition d'un fichier

Option/Add sub-folders -> Ajouter un sous dossier
    Correction : Ajouter les sous-dossiers

20. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    you're perfectly right about the modifications of my translation
    thanks [​IMG]