Hacking Show us your Jig!

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to make somewhat of a crafts project out of my RCM Jig, well before I recently opted to instead replace it with a modded Right Joy-Con, but anyway I used the front of a Notepad, a peice of Medical Tape, and a Coil Wire I had laying around from my vaping equipment, and with careful measurements using a pin to mark where the 1st, and 10th pins line-up according to the spare Joy-Con connector I had, I managed to get it working everytime.

0t6RgNn.jpg

Oz8UD7p.jpg

Ohex4455

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm out of the loop. What is a Jig and what do we need it for? :unsure:
I hope I'm not mistaking: We need the Jigs to press the physical "Home" Button (not the same as on the joycon / it does not exist physically) so we can trigger the Recovery Mode (RCM). The combination is Home + Vol Up + Power, so you put in a Jig, hold Vol+ and hit Power. The console turns on, but keeps a black screen. But you can then connect it to a PC via USB. And then you can do some hacking.

RichKK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I'm not mistaking: We need the Jigs to press the physical "Home" Button (not the same as on the joycon / it does not exist physically) so we can trigger the Recovery Mode (RCM). The combination is Home + Vol Up + Power, so you put in a Jig, hold Vol+ and hit Power. The console turns on, but keeps a black screen. But you can then connect it to a PC via USB. And then you can do some hacking.

Yes, all correct.

Reactions: Ohex4455

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wasn't sure about the Home-Button part
its bassicly a feature left over from android. in android you have to press voulme up, home (if one exist) and power to enter the recovery menu.
S9-cache.png
with adb being the equalilavent to what we do. ADB = Android debug bridge, basicly device accses from the shel.

Last edited by ken28,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ended up putting a wire into a ground pin of a Raspberry Pi LCD, held down with blue tak, and putting the other end next to pin 10. This is the only design I have got working.

Attachments

• DSC_0257.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 683

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here's mine. If any members of this forum want one they can have two for £4 posted anywhere in the worldView attachment 122767
I think i bought one of you the other week, had printed my own but after destroying 3 microusb cables and none of their connectors matching up with the failoverflow one i said fuck it and chucked it in the trash.
3f45085fb7217322bd137c63fefec9f7.png

Reactions: MikeDX

MikeDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think i bought one of you the other week, had printed my own but after destroying 3 microusb cables and none of their connectors matching up with the failoverflow one i said fuck it and chucked it in the trash.

Hey that's awesome. Has it arrived yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ