shoulders

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tinymonkeyt, Nov 11, 2008.

Nov 11, 2008

shoulders by tinymonkeyt at 7:54 PM (1,166 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. tinymonkeyt
    OP

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    so my L shoulder button is not very responsive :/
    but i think my DS is still under warranty
    will nintendo fix the shoulder?
    and how? am i supposed to send it in or something?

p.s. the last time this happened, i blew into the shoulder and it worked a lil better
    doesnt work that well now.

2. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    call the number off the manual and ask them [​IMG]

What usually happens is if they agree to it you package the ds up in it's box along with your reciept (as proof of warrenty) and send it by mail to them. They'll either fix it and send it back or they'll just send you a brand new one (as was the case with me [​IMG]). I don't know how NOA are but over here the process took around 9 days.

3. tinymonkeyt
    OP

United States
    but..i threw away the box >.>
    and wont shipping cost a whole lot?
    the ds weighs a ton!

4. dice

United Kingdom
    tbh I don't know since I'm not in America. But it didn't cost much for me (and the ds isn't heavy at all! [​IMG])

Seriously though you'd have had the answers to nearly all your questions by if you had just contacted them (e.g. about whether the not having a box thing is an issue). I don't see how the box would be necessary but the only time I did this was well over a year ago.

Oh and in the UK we have this option for "recorded delivery" (where nintendo in this case have to sign to confirm that they recieved the ds - so if it did go missing you can claim your money from whoever the delivery co. is) so go for that option with your postal service provider if possible.

5. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I sent mine in once, and it was only $50. But, I would suggest buying a Tri-wing and opening it and cleaning the contacts.

6. dice

United Kingdom
    oh, I thought/assumed she still had warrenty. If not then if they'll charge you for it (I've heard of cases where people out of warrent still getting it fixed for free) then maybe you should try and fix it yourself if you don't want to pay.

7. tinymonkeyt
    OP

United States
    well my mom bought it before xmas last year so im pretty sure its under warranty
    the thing with opening up my ds and trying to clean it
    is that im afraid i might break my ds altogether..

8. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    Umm... i wouldn't send it to Nintendo over that. My L button was like that about 5 months ago because of my excessive Metroiding..

I sent it to them, and bam. "Cough up 35 bucks, because we opened it and did nothing!" Grr.. Bastards.

A lot of people say blowing into it fixes it. I dunno about this, but i REALLY had to mash that stupid button to fix it. GRR.

But yeah, eventually it fixed itself. Nintendo told my dad that the button was probably just jammed, so i recommend this:

Buy a tri-wing screwdriver off eBay or get it somewhere (it's quite rare, but fairly cheap)

Be careful, but open it up, and check the L button.

It's a tiny little rectangular prism, with a 1mm X 1mm button on it. No wonder it gets jammed or breaks.

Good luck with that.

9. wiidsguy

Member wiidsguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this happen to me as well all i did was got a can of air, and that did the trick

10. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Or if you don't want to send it to Nintendo or are too scared to use a tri-wing, then see if you have a modchipping store place where you can get it repaired.

11. tinymonkeyt
    OP

United States
    well, they cant charge me if im still under warranty right?
    the blowing thing no longer works
    and i heard it was bad for DS because of the moisture and stuff in your breath

12. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They wont charge you if you call them and tell them the problem. My DS had a broken power switch, they told me to send it in. I was given a label to put on the box and they paid for the shipping. ALl I had to pay for was the box, (which was like $5)

You're not risking anything by taking the DS apart, if you need help let me know. The shoulder buttons are kinda tricky to take off and put back on.

13. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    Lol, my friend's L button stopped working, and a few weeks later his whole top screen fell off oO''

14. Galacta

Member Galacta >:)

Australia
    [​IMG]
    Did he buy a new ds?