Shoulder Buttons absolutely not working

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Clare, Aug 28, 2009.

Aug 28, 2009
  1. Clare
    OP

Newcomer Clare Newbie

United States
    Awhile ago my shoulder buttons began to stop working. I managed to kind of fix it by blowing into the buttons, but after awhile that stopped working. Today, I finally received my triwing and took my DSL apart to check it out. After doing some tests, I found out that the actual buttons that the bigger, round outer buttons pushed didn't seem to be working at all. Although corrosion may have played a part, they started failing long before I began to blow on things. What could have caused this? How can I fix it, if I can at all?

This launch DSL has the worst luck. After those buttons stopped working, my top screen began spazzing out, randomly turning off and now giving a garbled image. Why is it that my PSP, which I've had longer and abused more, is still working fine?

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    If you really want, you can try replacing them yourself with these:
    https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13264

But it requires desoldering the old ones and soldering on the new ones. So I dunno if that's an option or not for you.

3. Clare
    OP

Newcomer Clare Newbie

United States
    I've never soldered before; has anyone attempted this themselves? How difficult is it?

4. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    According to some of the reviews there, it's pretty difficult. I'd recommend you look around to see if you can find someone to do it for you.

5. Clare
    OP

Newcomer Clare Newbie

United States
    After looking into it myself, I can see what you mean. I have no experience at all; attempting this job would be asking for trouble. I don't know anyone that can do such a job, however. Jeez, Nintendo, what happened to your durability?

6. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    the buttons have small soldering connections so it will need a steady hand and good knowledge.