Should I update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bubbysaur, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Bubbysaur
    OP

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    I'm on firmware 9.8.0.25U.

I think to get smash to play online, I am forced to update the whole system. I have a custom theme and Sky3ds. Will updating hurt me in the long run or should I go ahead since I'm on a forlorn firmware anyway?

2. MrCheeze

MrCheeze GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Canada
    There hasn't been reason not to update since 9.5.

3. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    When did pokemon injection stop?

Edit: 9.4 was the last working firmware, I don't think native firm changed from 9.5-9.9 so is useless as a system nand

4. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    The last working firmware for Pokemon injection is 9.5.0-22 (there was a 9.5.0-23 update that patched the exploit). That's being O3DS with Spider web-browser.

Anyways, back to OP, if you interested in freehax homebrew launcher and haven't gotten Ironfall eshop game installed, you need to update. If you're counting your luck against a possibility of "useful" 9.5 keys leak/kernel exploit, then don't update (especially when you have SKY3DS for CN/OOT CIA to launch similar/same homebrew launcher).
    Nvm, I misread OP. 9.9 is just 9.8 with patch on minor unreleased browser vulnerability if I recalled correctly from another thread on GBATemp. So @OP and make your own call!

Last edited by tivu100, Aug 2, 2015
    Bubbysaur likes this.
  5. Bubbysaur
    OP

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    Lol. I updated and yup, I fixed my Smash bros online issue where I got an error code saying I couldn't use the game card online. It was forcing me to update. Everything still works and I even made sure to download Ironfall in prep for the upcoming smea hack.

Everything is cool. :3

tivu100 likes this.