Hacking Should I try DSTwo+?

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I pulled the plastic off and I am testing that. (Installing a cfw I overwrote gateway's launcher.dat). If that fails, I'll get a scrabble game a friend gave me and use that. :P

Edit: So, it did not work, and I opened nikoli's pencil puzzle, and the shell is gonna need some holes to properly fit the circuit. :( Hopefully I get it to work!

Last edited by Cody090909,
Reactions: Ricken

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cut the holes and put the card in, it didn't work.
So the board must have something wrong with it.

In other news I was able to boot into emunand through rxtools in homebrew. Anyone know how to get a save from a .3ds? ACNL doesn't use the external sdcard save file thing, so I need to get the save from a .3ds, without any sort of flashcart. Any ideas?

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Cut the holes and put the card in, it didn't work.
So the board must have something wrong with it.

In other news I was able to boot into emunand through rxtools in homebrew. Anyone know how to get a save from a .3ds? ACNL doesn't use the external sdcard save file thing, so I need to get the save from a .3ds, without any sort of flashcart. Any ideas?
http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/u...save-importer-exporter-1-0-1-beta-f33043.html
PS: I find the dstwo+ better than a CFW ;)

Reactions: Cody090909

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much ZoN! It worked great, just gotta figure out how to import this to a CIA, alsmot there. :D
I assume I name the save the title id of the game and use savefiler?

Edit, I kept trying to drag the save to my sd card, and it kept opening half-life. :| Guess it uses the same file extension

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much ZoN! It worked great, just gotta figure out how to import this to a CIA, alsmot there. :D
I assume I name the save the title id of the game and use savefiler?

Edit, I kept trying to drag the save to my sd card, and it kept opening half-life. :| Guess it uses the same file extension
Well I don't know how you can inject the file, but if you want to backup a save from a .3ds, you can try savedatafiler/JKSM with your flashcard

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The DSTwo+ is a lazy cart that basically just lazily uses ReiNAND are it's own CFW.
Going A9LH with a free-CFW, plus a better flashcart like the R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) will result in basically the same thing, but better results.

Reactions: Ricken

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo+ is a lazy cart that basically just lazily uses ReiNAND are it's own CFW.
Going A9LH with a free-CFW, plus a better flashcart like the R4i Gold (r4ids.cn) will result in basically the same thing, but better results.

I have the whole cfw thing sorted out, now the problem is that I need to get another flashcart to get my ac:nl save. The gateway 3ds seems to be my only option as it is updated and the dstwo+ is now patched out by what ive heard.

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
The dstwo+ is cool for DS game, nothing is better for that.
Then you have the Gateway for 3ds games (if you want your ACNL save back, you need that)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have the whole cfw thing sorted out, now the problem is that I need to get another flashcart to get my ac:nl save. The gateway 3ds seems to be my only option as it is updated and the dstwo+ is now patched out by what ive heard.
I actually don't know how Gateway saves work, so I can't give suggestions on that.
But it is true that Supercard's Gateway mode was removed through an update, which is why they started using a CFW they called "freecfw" which is just reiNAND.

Cody090909

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically Gateway cards use a ".sav" on the external sd card or similar to sky3ds, the save may also be packed in the rom file. However, while I have the .sav, I cannot use it for anythign besides gateway style rom loading. SO I NEED to get a gateway in order to get my save back from what I've read. Thanks anyway guys!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So basically Gateway cards use a ".sav" on the external sd card or similar to sky3ds, the save may also be packed in the rom file. However, while I have the .sav, I cannot use it for anythign besides gateway style rom loading. SO I NEED to get a gateway in order to get my save back from what I've read. Thanks anyway guys!
is it just the AC save your worried about? if so send me the .sav and if you were using a private header that too and i will get your save

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you are using the private header from your AC:NL cart you should be able to inject the save to the cart and use it, after which you'll be able to extract the save or do anything you want with it like copy it to a CIA version of the game.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If you are using the private header from your AC:NL cart you should be able to inject the save to the cart and use it, after which you'll be able to extract the save or do anything you want with it like copy it to a CIA version of the game.
i have dumped his save for him now, he was just using a plain .3ds rom with no header

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0