Should I try a hack or no?

ShoddyBackSpace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I recently bought a '482 games in 1' DS cartridge from amazon (put '481 games in 1' into a google search, it should come up) and it obviously works as an R4 card. What I want to know is, I have a couple of DS game hacks I would like to put on the card (I have several microSD cards so I can put the hacks on one of my own and swap them out, although I'm not sure if that does anything bad?), but the last time I tried tampering with an R4 card I completely bricked it, so would I be okay to put a couple of hacks on a microSD, put it into the cartridge and play them without bricking the card or stopping me from playing any of the 482 games on the microSD that comes with it?
The hacks I want to be able to play on the DS are attached and also written below, if they raise any flags the please let me know :/

Another Super Mario 3D
Mario Kart Deluxe
Mario's Holiday
New Super Mario bros Deluxe
Newer Super Mario Bros
Newer Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario Endless Earth

So to sum up:
1. Does swapping out MicroSD cards in one R4 card have any effect on the R4 or MicroSDs?
2. If I try to play DS Game Hacks using the R4 will it brick it or stop me from playing the 482 provided games on the MicroSD that came with it?
3. Are the specific hacks I want to play on my DS / 2DS compatible with an actual console and will any of them have a negative effect on the MicroSDs, R4 card or my Ds / 2DS consoles?

ShoddyBackSpace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
2. No, that shouldn't happen, but the included microSD may be of poor quality and possibly lead to corruption (name brands like SanDisk or Samsung generally do better)
3. Nope, ROM hacks are safe generally
Ah thanks
And swapping out microSDs are fine?

ShoddyBackSpace

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Sure you can put in other microSDs, but they have to contain the same original firmware/kernel for that flashcart (which, if I'm not mistaken, should be an ace3ds+/Wood). Or am I wrong? :unsure:
Thanks, got it all working!
Just copy pasted the firmware from the original microSD

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
glad to hear it worked for you,
But I would suggest the admins to change the thread title as I believe this won't be considered a hack :ha:
maybe for something like "should I try to replace a sd card or not"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1