Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll just make this as simple as I can.

Mainly disappointed with MS E3 conference. Seems like they just lost their touch. I know it's not the first time they had a sucky conference but now they just don't care about competing with PS3 anymore. Insteqad it looks like they're just catering mostly on the casual side now. Sony's on the other hand showed more games and at least showed some games that I am very interested to.

I have both consoles. Got an equal amount of games for both systems. I mainly own exclusives on PS3 and the strong multiplayer games on 360 (MW3, BF3, Halo) and about 800+ downloaded songs for Rock Band. Should I make the switch to PS3?

I am VERY tempted to get a PS+ subscription as it offers 12 free full PS3 games for just this month! What do I get for paying the same amount for Live? Access to "apps" which I can access on my laptop for free. Also, I feel like I'm paying MS so I can be shown annoying ads cluttered on my dashboard. Sony's showing how a subscription model is done.

I would LOVE to switch to PC, but I don't have the money to buy a gaming rig, let alone maintain one.

I'm tempted to sell my 360 games and swap them for the PS3 version. Plus, I am not really interested in Halo 4 or the upcoming games.

Also, I will not be selling my 360, since I've bought lots of arcade games and a ton of music DLC for Rock Band.

tl;dr - this question is asking if I should switch to PS3 as my main console? Should I bother with Xbox Live when I can pay for the same prices for PS+ and get a better offering?

Simple post ends here.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a 360 and games why the HELL would you sell the 360 games and buy PS3 versions? That makes no sense.

Just keep owning both, you don't need to main ONE console. It isn't a rule. Have and use both.

Also 360 online is infinitely better. If you aren't going to be playing multiplayer games, no point having XBL gold. But if you do want multiplayer, you sure as hell don't want to swap to PS3 for it.

Reactions: 7 people

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all 3 of this gens consoles, I buy exclusives on wii and ps3 and general games on xbox 360 since that's what 99% of my friends have.

Do you have more friends on psn or on xbox live, because that's why I chose to buy most games on xbox rather then ps3

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have all 3 of this gens consoles, I buy exclusives on wii and ps3 and general games on xbox 360 since that's what 99% of my friends have.

Do you have more friends on psn or on xbox live, because that's why I chose to buy most games on xbox rather then ps3
Equal amount for both systems. But I've only played a total of about 3 weeks on the PS3. I've played the Uncharted trilogy and RAGE on it. I've had the 360 for about 4 years now. However, most of my 360 friends have either a) moved to PC b) been busy due to uni/work so I've been playing with strangers 70% of the time lately.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Equal amount for both systems. But I've only played a total of about 3 weeks on the PS3. I've played the Uncharted trilogy and RAGE on it. I've had the 360 for about 4 years now. However, most of my 360 friends have either a) moved to PC b) been busy due to uni/work so I've been playing with strangers 70% of the time lately.
In that case i'd keep both and buy future multiplatform titles on whichever console had the most friends playing said game. But that's just me.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

In that case i'd keep both and buy future multiplatform titles on whichever console had the most friends playing said game. But that's just me.
But what about single player games like Rayman Origins or games that have multiplayer that need an online pass? I mainly buy pre-owned games and I HATE buying online passes.

Pr0b3dG4m3r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
N
XP
Country
I personally believe Xbox 360 is better but I agree with everyone else collect a multitude of multiplatform games and I saw the phrase being thrown around 'Have the best of both worlds'

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest getting rid of both altogether.
The exact oposite - use both.

Yes, I know it was a joke. :P

I was being serious. OP should liberate himself from the chains and shackles of these gaming consoles. And instead should throw himself into nature, listen to the Hummingbird and admire how the sun shines into the water. Sleep under the stars and walk barefoot in the grass. Feel your soul enriched and purified from the corruption of modern life.

Reactions: 4 people

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

I was being serious. OP should liberate himself from the chains and shackles of these gaming consoles. And instead should throw himself into nature, listen to the Hummingbird and admire how the sun shines into the water. Sleep under the stars and walk barefoot in the grass. Feel your soul enriched and purified from the corruption of modern life.
When I grow up and I have a home and various things of value I'm going to sell it all and live in the wilderness.

EDIT: If there is still any wilderness by then.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

WAT? You're not going to preach about how superior the PS2 is?

Pr0b3dG4m3r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
N
XP
Country
'I was being serious. OP should liberate himself from the chains and shackles of these gaming consoles. And instead should throw himself into nature, listen to the Hummingbird and admire how the sun shines into the water. Sleep under the stars and walk barefoot in the grass. Feel your soul enriched and purified from the corruption of modern life.'

Almost tempting but loading Skyrim and seeing all these things in 720p is amazing. - Plus you don't need to go outside without shoes. Sorry quoting messed up needed editing. :) #fail

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
'I was being serious. OP should liberate himself from the chains and shackles of these gaming consoles. And instead should throw himself into nature, listen to the Hummingbird and admire how the sun shines into the water. Sleep under the stars and walk barefoot in the grass. Feel your soul enriched and purified from the corruption of modern life.'

Almost tempting but loading Skyrim and seeing all these things in 720p is amazing. - Plus you don't need to go outside without shoes. Sorry quoting messed up needed editing. :) #fail
Maybe this is a misunderstanding on my part, but are you suggesting getting Skyrim on a PS3?
I wouldn't do that at all, Skyrim is best played on a PC, the amount of modifications and stuff really make it an amazing experience. Otherwise I would get the 360 version, IIRC the PS3 version had some major bugs related to savegames, or has that been resolved?

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, yes you should, do it as soon as possible. Ideally, though, you should get into PC gaming (since on that your options and customizations become almost endless), but PS3 is still a good case scenario as well (more features and far more varied exclusives).

At the very least, stop paying for Xbox Live. If you're going to keep your 360, get rid of Live; you probably could have bought a 360 3 times over with the money you've spent on it. A better case scenario is getting both and using PSN for online, but I'd still say ideally that you should go PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs