CarefulCrysis

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if it's worth keeping my gateway carts and is it likely that gateway will release supports for 9.7? I'm currently on 9.7 with a New 3DS XL and getting a sky3DS cart. Don't really want to give up on emuNAND tbh and the homebrew side of things but will if the carts are useless to me now.

Reactions: satel

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes 9.7? SKY3ds is the way if you wanna play roms on the latest update. Probably not gonna be exploitable in a long time. I have an n3ds xl on 9.4 sysNAND which I heard rumors that it might be possible to exploit since some firm launch file was not patched.

Reactions: CarefulCrysis

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gateway is still the best team but their hardware is aging, they need to come out with a new cartridge to stay on top. So yes, sell the Gateway as long as anyone is still paying money for it, get a Sky3DS in the meantime and wait for the next generation of Gateway that will eventually come out.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Just wondering if it's worth keeping my gateway carts and is it likely that gateway will release supports for 9.7? I'm currently on 9.7 with a New 3DS XL and getting a sky3DS cart. Don't really want to give up on emuNAND tbh and the homebrew side of things but will if the carts are useless to me now.

Keep yours cards, 0 reason to sell them

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think you should keep both cards. Gateway supports a lot of things Sky3DS doesn't (e.g. CIAs, eShop games and homebrew). I believe you could use rxTools emunand with Sky3DS if you need to play online with your backups.

Edit: didn't read that you are on 9.7 sysnand...
You could keep both and backup your nand.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway is still the best team but their hardware is aging, they need to come out with a new cartridge to stay on top. So yes, sell the Gateway as long as anyone is still paying money for it, get a Sky3DS in the meantime and wait for the next generation of Gateway that will eventually come out.
why do you think they need to come out with a new cartridge? they don't have to as the cardridge itself is not used for the exploit at all...

to answer the OP question:
I would sell the gateway, as it will probably be a while (no one knows for sure) before 9.7 gets supported. Buy a sky for that money and when GW comes through, just buy a GW again.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
if i was in your situation i would sell my gateway card & if gw team release ever released support for 9.7 then order a new gateway card. no need to keep a useless card :)

cynique

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I strongly believe gw already came with a new cartridge and its called sky3ds :rofl:

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why are people so desperate to update to 9.7 so quickly?

Just stick with the card you have and wait. Sky3DS is recommended for people already on 9.3+ SysNAND and have no choice. If you can use Gateway, why give up homebrew and everything else it offers?

CarefulCrysis

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are people so desperate to update to 9.7 so quickly?

Just stick with the card you have and wait. Sky3DS is recommended for people already on 9.3+ SysNAND and have no choice. If you can use Gateway, why give up homebrew and everything else it offers?
I was on 9.4 but also needed to get a game from eshop unfortunately

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can't you get a .cia from 'other places'? Buying is better of course, but Nintendo are the ones blocking you from the eshop.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry, I'm understanding the situation now.

In that case, you may as well sell the Gateway and rebuy later in the unlikely event that Gateway do release a new exploit. They seem to be having trouble with the later firmwares anyway.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will likely be selling the GW at a loss because it has no warranty and buying from you vs a retailer involves substantial risk. 9.2 and below n3ds are still available. I would get one and sell the n3ds, probably for about the same loss you would incur selling the gateway plus not having the expense of a sky.

I wouldn't buy a used GW for any more than a 50-60% off current market value which is around $67. If you can get more that's great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1