Should i re-format my USB hard drive if i deleted something?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by quepaso, Apr 11, 2009.

1. quepaso
    OP

Member quepaso GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ive only deleted a single game from the USB loader, castlevania judgment. I couldnt believe how bad it was. Now im reading that if you delete a game, it messes up other games. Well, i installed every single guitar game for the wii and only rock band 2 stops in the middle of the song, freezes for 2 seconds, then continues on perfectly till the end. Is this due to the deletion of castlevania? If so, i will format the drive and start over from scratch if i have to and make sure to not delete anything anymore. Will this be fixed at a loader level, or does waninkiko need to update the file system itself and we'd need to format again later once he fixes it? Please advise. Thanks.

2. AllWiidUp

Newcomer AllWiidUp Advanced Member

Canada
  3. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
  4. AllWiidUp

Canada

wiiNinja, I've added you're recompiled tool, to my original post. I was hoping to get the other tools with the fix added to it as well.

5. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's cool.
    That's a very good catch BTW. I've been looking at that code on and off for 3 days and couldn't find that bugger.

6. palasx

Newcomer palasx Advanced Member

United States
    this is just for my own understanding, and hopefully someone else will enjoy the answer to this question:
    So the WBFS does allow for fragmentation, and what we were seeing as "corruption" was a single block at the beginning/end of a game/image overlapping? or does the WBFS not allow for fragmentation of a game at all and its really just writing into the "next" game on the hard drive without checking for the used status of any blocks?

7. AllWiidUp

Canada
    It fully supports fragmentation, the issue was it marking the wrong block in the free blocks list, which isn't a problem until the next game is added, where it uses the wrong *free* block.

for every game deleted with the old lbwbfs, you will corrupt 1 extra block when you add a new game.