Hacking Should i re-format my USB hard drive if i deleted something?

quepaso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive only deleted a single game from the USB loader, castlevania judgment. I couldnt believe how bad it was. Now im reading that if you delete a game, it messes up other games. Well, i installed every single guitar game for the wii and only rock band 2 stops in the middle of the song, freezes for 2 seconds, then continues on perfectly till the end. Is this due to the deletion of castlevania? If so, i will format the drive and start over from scratch if i have to and make sure to not delete anything anymore. Will this be fixed at a loader level, or does waninkiko need to update the file system itself and we'd need to format again later once he fixes it? Please advise. Thanks.

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quepaso said:
Ive only deleted a single game from the USB loader, castlevania judgment. I couldnt believe how bad it was. Now im reading that if you delete a game, it messes up other games. Well, i installed every single guitar game for the wii and only rock band 2 stops in the middle of the song, freezes for 2 seconds, then continues on perfectly till the end. Is this due to the deletion of castlevania? If so, i will format the drive and start over from scratch if i have to and make sure to not delete anything anymore. Will this be fixed at a loader level, or does waninkiko need to update the file system itself and we'd need to format again later once he fixes it? Please advise. Thanks.

QUOTE(wiiNinja @ Apr 12 2009, 11:47 AM) You can wait for your favorite GUI to fix the tool, or you can use this command line tool with the fix:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vvtmcmlyh32/...e.space.fix.rar

wiiNinja, I've added you're recompiled tool, to my original post. I was hoping to get the other tools with the fix added to it as well.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
wiiNinja, I've added you're recompiled tool, to my original post. I was hoping to get the other tools with the fix added to it as well.

That's cool.
That's a very good catch BTW. I've been looking at that code on and off for 3 days and couldn't find that bugger.

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is just for my own understanding, and hopefully someone else will enjoy the answer to this question:
So the WBFS does allow for fragmentation, and what we were seeing as "corruption" was a single block at the beginning/end of a game/image overlapping? or does the WBFS not allow for fragmentation of a game at all and its really just writing into the "next" game on the hard drive without checking for the used status of any blocks?

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It fully supports fragmentation, the issue was it marking the wrong block in the free blocks list, which isn't a problem until the next game is added, where it uses the wrong *free* block.

for every game deleted with the old lbwbfs, you will corrupt 1 extra block when you add a new game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)