Should I purchase a 3ds flashcard?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by samjef3ds, Aug 16, 2018.

1. samjef3ds
    OP

samjef3ds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2013
    Shanklin
    Hi just need some advice I am thinking of getting a 3ds flashcard so I can play all my backup games on the card instead of having to carry all the 3ds games with me and keep taking out each game cartridge each time i want to play a different games. What 3ds flash card would you recommend? My 3ds is on the latest firmware 11.8.0-41E.

Thank you.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Install CFW and get a larger size SD card not a Flash Cart like Sky3ds+.

NFates likes this.
  3. samjef3ds
    OP

samjef3ds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2013
    Shanklin
    Thanks how would i download/ get the games on my sd card and play as backups?

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

You buy a ntrboot compatible flashcart and install Boot9Strap and Luma3DS CFW. As for games you have to find games in cia format online (Don't ask on the forum where to get them, it is against forum policy), which you can install on the CFW 3ds system, good size card would be 128GB, 200GB If you want to install a lot of games.

Leobgood likes this.
  5. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    If you want to dump your own games. GodMode9 lets you dump them as .cia and then you could install them with FBI.
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage#dumping-a-game-cartridge

I personally use a Sky3DS+ and dump my physical collection as .3DS with their private headers. However the Sky3DS+ is pricey. I personally got mine for free off a friend who wanted to move to a CFW only setup, which I setup for him.

samjef3ds likes this.
  6. samjef3ds
    OP

samjef3ds Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2013
    Shanklin
    Thank you Sky3DS+ seems to be a better choice I do have apparently Nintendo have really tightened up on the cfw like freeshop and fbi so I am sort of limited in that perspective.

7. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    If you're only buying a Sky3DS because of the recent update's changes, don't buy it. Install CFW and spend a fraction of the Sky3DS's cost on a nice (128GB or so) SD card, as Hayato said.

Hayato213 likes this.
  8. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    No they didn't, as long as you don't use freeShop or similar you won't get banned, just don't spend money on an overpriced piece of junk

Hayato213 likes this.