1. NecroCombine666

OP NecroCombine666 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    We have both but I'm thinking the wii u for the longer history and less the expensive.

Am I correct in thinking these are soft mods able with an ad and flash drive?

What games from what systems can be played?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Why not run CFW on both?

3. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    As Lacius said, if you have both, what's stopping you from hacking both? Don't just choose one. Your message is a bit hard to understand, and I suspect a text translator, but at least the last question is clear, and the answer is: all of them.
    P.S. Your Switch is only hackable if it's old enough to have the RCM exploit (fusée gelée). That exploit was patched two years ago. There is an old firmware that can be exploited on patched units, but it's kind of harder and not as safe. If you have recent firmware and patched Switch, or new Mariko or Switch Lite, the only option right now is a modchip. I'm confident we'll have a softmod some day, though.

4. NecroCombine666

Newcomer

United States
    I will focus on the Wii u again. My second inquiry was regarding supplies I will need. I read I will need an sd card and a USB drive. Do I really need both?

5. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Yes, you need both. For the USB drive, you should get a hard disk, not just a USB stick, to avoid problems. The SD card will be used to install games on the hard disk, so get something big enough. 32GB at least. Read Kafluke's community guide for good guidelines. It's stickied in the Wii U section here. I recommend installing Haxchi, it will make your life easier.

Last edited by Dust2dust, Jul 2, 2020 - Reason: edited for clarity
    NecroCombine666 likes this.
  6. NecroCombine666

Newcomer

United States
    Thanks alot

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Should, switch,