Question Should I hack my switch again?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Kubez, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Kubez
    OP

Kubez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    i used to hack my switch? I used to have it hacked but then I restored a clean backup. Idk if I want to hack it again or not. Some of the stuff was kinda cool, but at the same time I just wasn’t feeling it. Is it worth it at this point in time?

2. Shikkichu

Shikkichu A little Pika girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Whatever my VPN says now
    It all depends on what you want to get out of the switch, backups, save editors, random homebrew you wanna develop or play with I'd go for it
    If you just want emulation I'd just use Lakka especially since it's getting actual sound support soon and I won't need my blue tooth speaker or headphones, it's also a lot safer and you're 99% unlikely to ever get banned for running it as it runs completely separate from the actual HOS

When I get my second switch I'm modding this one like crazy because it's fun to make random programs and useless homebrew just because I find it fun

ELY_M likes this.
  3. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Yes

4. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    No. Why? Because why not

Shikkichu likes this.
  5. Superbossboo

Superbossboo The Regular

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    But then again, Joker.

6. Kubez
    OP

Kubez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    I can always potentially get it using other known methods.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How do I develop homebrew for the switch? What programming language? Can I use it on manjaro?

7. Shikkichu

Shikkichu A little Pika girl~

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    Whatever my VPN says now
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-nintendo-switch-homebrew-development.525977/ <-- Is a good place to start, I need to go back to sleep xF
    Also depending on what you're asking with the last thing the answer is yes, since they changed how devkitpro works in general

So it works well on most distros

Last edited by Shikkichu, Apr 17, 2019