Hacking Should I go with it?

SigmaZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So yesterday my CycloDS became faulty, it was working since day one, but when I took it out to put some stuff on my MicroSD (not using the cheapy one it came with) and when I put it back in to play, it gave me the "There is no DS cart inserted" thingo. So I was saddened, but then I remembered the paper trick and decided to use that as a temporary fix until I got the chance to mail it back to my seller to get it replaced. Now heres the weird part.

Today I decided to pull the paper out to see if it was truly faulty before sending off, but the thing is it works perfectly now without the paper strip. I took it out, waited a while and put it back in, turned it on and off a few times and played a game for a couple of minutes and seemed to be working just fine. Now I was wondering perhaps my Cyclo could go faulty again, but then it might not, perhaps even if it did I could fix it up with the paper. Decisions... Decisions...

Your thoughts?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Probably just a random connection problem, it seems like there is no real problem. Maybe just get a DSTT as a backup, just in case.
biggrin.gif

SigmaZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have another question for you guys, saving the trouble of making another topic. So Ive started updating my CycloDS to v1.3 BETA, and does it really take this long? Its been updating since last night and and its 6:13PM over here now, so really I just dont get it, I feel very tempted just to turn off my NDS but I know I will probably end up regretting it. At the moment its about... 6/8th of the way there and its been that way since the morning. So has anyone else know if thats just normal?

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ummm... I highly doubt that is nomral.

It only took like a few seconds for my update. You best turn it off and try again.

If it breaks or doesn't boot send it back!

SigmaZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that theres an update problem with my CycloDS, I tried using the stable version v1.22, but I think its just going to be the same, seeing how its supposed to take seconds. Damn, looks like I might just have to send it off for a replacement

SigmaZero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it would be... around, batch 2.5? The tin box it came with was like a batch 3, smaller and there wasn't a piece of cardboard on the back, and the flashcart itself was built like a batch 2, without the bites taken out of it and the microSD slot is on the left side (viewed from the back). Though it had a green label

Hopefully when it gets swapped over I'll get a black CycloDS, its apparent that they better built and very much less prone to fail than the whites.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it would be... around, batch 2.5? The tin box it came with was like a batch 3, smaller and there wasn't a piece of cardboard on the back, and the flashcart itself was built like a batch 2, without the bites taken out of it and the microSD slot is on the left side (viewed from the back). Though it had a green label

Hopefully when it gets swapped over I'll get a black CycloDS, its apparent that they better built and very much less prone to fail than the whites.
With black ones you know they are the improved ones, and apparently all new white ones are too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly