Gaming Should I get a WII U

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The bottom of the barrel called, it wants its games back.

If "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" is on ANY "good games" list for your console then it's seriously lacking games.

Also do yourself a favor, buy a PS3 and get half those games plus better exclusives and a Bluray player for a better price.

The list wasn't really put together well, it doesn't have a massive amount of quality games, but the ones it does have are better than any other game and there are enough of them that you won't get too bored, unless you spend all your time playing games in which case there is no way you would have only one console.

Also, who needs blu-ray when you have the best youtube player around.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For months I've been contemplating about if I should buy one. Of course I wanna play games like mario kart, super smash bros and one piece, but is the money really worth it?
To those who have the console, do you enjoy it and how often do you use it?
I love my Wii U but it's lacking in games. If you haven't played Wind Waker before then Wind Waker HD is certainly a must play, DKC: Tropical Freeze is great as is Super Mario 3D World but I'm having a hard time thinking of any other console sellers. It's up to you to decide whether you want to play what it has to offer and then let it sit collecting dust while waiting for more games to come out, or wait until the games come out and then buy one.
I for one am content letting my Wii U collect dust for a while since I know Mario Kart 8 will be out very soon and then Smash Bros later on in the year. I've had lots of fun with my Wii U so far, not enough to justify buying one at launch pricing, but I know good things are coming so I'm not bothered. I have yet to get very far in DKC: Tropical Freeze so there's that at least, and I didn't beat WWHD yet (though I beat the original several times)

ViDeOmAnCiNi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go here: http://slickdeals.net/ and add a deal alert for "wii u" and "wii-u" and watch for a good deal. I see posts of new and refurb units all the time at great deals from this site. Don't listen to people on here about what you should and should not buy. They are all jaded. Many bought an XBone (a PC) or a PS4 (a PC). The Wii U is the last of the actual "gaming consoles" that is actually made to be a gaming console and not a PC in a plastic box with a proprietary OS (or trashed up Windows 8.x). PS3 & XB360 are last gen. 'Nuf said there.

Do what your gut tells you to do. Don't listen to peers. We all suck.

-VM

Reactions: NapalmOmega

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The list wasn't really put together well, it doesn't have a massive amount of quality games, but the ones it does have are better than any other game and there are enough of them that you won't get too bored, unless you spend all your time playing games in which case there is no way you would have only one console.

The list wasn't really put together well, it doesn't have a massive amount of quality games, but the ones it does have are better than any other game

better than any other game

Mais non.

Also, who needs blu-ray when you have the best youtube player around.

A computer?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is YouTube free?

Your argument is invalid.
Then why the hell are you comparing YouTube and Bluray in the first place? That's like saying, let's compare Honda and BMW. Honda is better because is is cheaper, BMW is shit because it is more expensive.

Your argument is invalid. You clearly live in a fantasy world. Wake up to reality, you pay more you get more.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how annoying some people are on here *cough* but you all have to admit that this has gotten rather far off topic. There is room enough in this world for all our varied opinions. If you love the Wii U, great, enjoy it. If you despise the Wii U, great, don't get one. Your opinion is your own, but seriously, back to the question if he should get a Wii U or not.

A lot of good options were brought up. Wait till Mario Kart and Smash and whatnot are released, wait till a price drop, stuff like that. Personally, I say if there is something you want on the system that is out now, go get it now. I would say the same if this was about getting a PS4 or Xbox One. A lot of issues that the Wii U has would be fixed if everyone went out and bought one.

I got my Wii U at launch. I still use it, though less so for games these days. Netflix, YouTube, Wii Fit, old school games, whatever! I still use my Wii U to this day. I wish there was a faster stream of new games of course, but hey, things are still coming. Do I think you should wait for a price drop? Maybe. I doubt one is going to happen till around the holiday season (as it will with other consoles), but if you want to wait another 3/4ths of the year then go ahead. Wait for a bundle? Again, if you want to. No doubt will Mario Kart 8 become a bundle game in the near future.

If you get a Wii U will it prevent you from being able to get a PS4 or Xbox One or be able to enjoy PC games? Hell no! Should you ignore trolls? Hell yes!

Reactions: NapalmOmega

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, hold out until Nintendo releases it's succesor and play everything you need to play (which won't be a lot, probably just Zelda and that's it) thanks to retro compatibility.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a Wii U for X (monolithsoft) and even if it's not out yet, I really enjoy my Wii U so far!! It's an impressive console in terms of possibilities ... If you like Nintendo games you shouldn't wait imho!

Haseeb_BSAA

Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
To be honest , seriously there is no point in buying Wii U, if you can get a Xbox 360 with better games , better online multiplayer , better interface and much stable :) the graphics are almost same and 360 has more value , you definately get better communities too.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is YouTube free?

Your argument is invalid.
Let's completely forget about the fact that Youtube videos of copyrighted content are illegal, which nullifies your point completely. I might just as easily say that I can torrent a BluRay-quality movie, put it on a USB drive, shove it into my PS3 and watch it at superior quality for free.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's completely forget about the fact that Youtube videos of copyrighted content are illegal, which nullifies your point completely. I might just as easily say that I can torrent a BluRay-quality movie, put it on a USB drive, shove it into my PS3 and watch it at superior quality for free.

Unless the ripped Blu-ray movie was watermarked with Cinavia, in which case be prepared for your audio to drop out periodically. The PS3 might be a decent Blu-ray player, but it's not such a great media player for pirates (this is true of all post-2012 Blu-ray players, too).

Note: I don't use my Wii U for YouTube, nor my PS3 for Blu-rays (often), I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing. :tpi: To be completely fair, the Wii U is a terrible media player; even Plex/Web sucks unless it's running on a machine capable of transcoding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...