Should I get a Pre-Modded 3DS?

Jsmoothie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having problems with my 3DS as of late and I've been planning on getting one of these modded 3ds systems on etsy that claim to have tons of titles on them and stuff for several months. They look pretty legitimate to me. Has anyone else actually bought one and/or could anyone tell me if they're worth it or real and not a scam?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One of the biggest problems we have in this community comes from members buying pre-modded systems and having no idea what's been installed, how it was installed, and how to even describe their issues. The biggest benefit to hacking your system yourself is learning the skills needed, knowing all the homebrew you've put into it, and easier troubleshooting. It's actually rather easy to hack the 3DS and the Guide is extremely foolproof
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

You also want to really avoid buying systems like those. Most of the time they are scams or you just don't know what's installed on them. It's really easy to find CIAs online (don't ask, just Google and you get some sides on Reddit,) and then install them yourself.

Jsmoothie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I already have a hacked 3DS but I wanted a pre-modded system because of the many titles they're claimed to have. I also wanted a second opinion to make sure I'm not making a huge mistake or anything. (I think the titles that are on these pre-hacked systems are just downloaded roms and stuff anyway.)

Reactions: assassinz

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! I already have a hacked 3DS but I wanted a pre-modded system because of the many titles they're claimed to have. I also wanted a second opinion to make sure I'm not making a huge mistake or anything. (I think the titles that are on these pre-hacked systems are just downloaded roms and stuff anyway.)
So you already have a 3DS with cfw. Why not just get a larger SD card and install more games on it yourself?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the iso sites are gone, so it's harder to find games, but there are still several sites with almost every game, update, and dlc. one comes to mind, but I can't share it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night