OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.homebroo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
In January, my dad stepped on my then-one-year-old DS Lite. The result of this was that my DS' bottom screen would, ever so often, blur abruptly beyond recognition (sorry, no pics, but rest assured it is extremely trippy). This would happen under three circumstances: one, if the brightness is changed (either through the start-up screen or my CycloDS' settings menu) and two, if the screen is closed for more than four seconds (which makes parts of Zelda:PoH and Hotel Dusk, which involve closing the DS to progress the game, trickier than intended).

The third circumstance is the most frequent and obnoxious: upon bootup, the DS will be blurred. When this occurs, I used to simply reboot until it worked. Lately, though, this has been happening more and more often; from 3 blurs for every 1 successful bootup to now, where every bootup is blurred, with the lone exception being after a long period of inactivity (say, two hours). After getting my CycloDS, this has just become unbearable. I haven't seen this documented by anyone else; however, if you have, by all means, pipe up with some help.

Gamestop is currently holding a sale where, if you trade in five games, you get an extra thirty percent. They also have a sale which applies an extra twenty dollars to a console trade-in. If I sold my games and my DS, I could get about $150-- enough for a new DS and then some. So I'm utterly in a quandary about whether or not to purchase a new DS. There have, of course, been rumors swirling like a whirlpool about a DS redesign, but E3 has come and gone, which means if Nintendo's revealing anything, they're likely saving it for the Tokyo Game Show in October. I'm fairly certain I'm going to purchase a new DS, but I thought I'd turn it over to you before I jumped the gun. I just don't think I can deal with this annoyance anymore.

LokusT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it definitely sounds like your DS is knackered to me. I suppose attempting to replace the screen could be one option but may not fix the problem at all.

If I was in your situation, I'd get a new one. The rumours about a new redesigned DS have been floating around for ages now and still nothing's come of it. the often mentioned removal of the Slot 2 port strikes me as being a disadvantage too even if you don't currently use it much, you may do in the future. But still, to me it's a moot point. I like the durrent DS's design and features.

MaxEdison

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.homebroo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Jasonage said:
ojsinnerz said:
That sucks. Thank god my DS is still alive.....

I would recommend you to get a new DS.

Betetr idea, I'd recommend his dad to get him a new DS
Haha, I have no hard feelings towards my dad, it really wasn't deliberate; nothing like
hate2.gif
at all.

So it sounds like a new DS is the way to go, huh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good