Hacking Should I get a Ace Card 2i?

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
vodoochild81 said:
Thanks. I think I am going to just get a new card rather then do the paper thing. I just don't know if I should get a AceKard or a Dstwo... Is it really worth twice the price? Will my save files transfer with the dstwo?
I think it is, since $33 is still hella cheap, since you would pay more for one decent DS game.
Also the real time menu with real time cheat, real time guide and real time save, GBA and SNES emulation, being able to play AVI files and an e-reader are pretty nice features and there are lots of plugins for the DSTWO.

But if you don't want all the fancy stuff and just be able to play NDS games, get an Acekard 2i or a R4i Gold (the good one) if you're worried about the contact issues with the Acekard 2i.

Oh and savefiles should work on all of them, all of their menus are based on the same Acekard RPG model if IIRC.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
The DSTwo's OS is not based on Acekard's at all, but most flash carts nowadays use the RAW save type so saves from Wood and AKAIO will work on the DSTwo.
I only meant the DS_GAME's menu of the supercard of course, since it looks so much like AKAIO and Wood, but I guess that's wrong.
I knew that the save files were interchangeable, though.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa wait? Real time saves? LIKE SAVE STATES? Meaning you could save at ANY point? That alone would be worth 30 bucks.

I am confused so wood save files would transfer to the DSTWO? and is it future proof like the acekard? Does it work on the 3ds? Where can I find a good price on that?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DStwo is 3ds compatible but you might have to ask the seller to preflash it for you, you can find the best price at one of the shops on shop temp im sure.
saves transfer from akaio and im sure they transfer from wood as well (i need someone to verify) and yes it is also "future proof".

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
vodoochild81 said:
Whoa wait? Real time saves? LIKE SAVE STATES? Meaning you could save at ANY point? That alone would be worth 30 bucks.

I am confused so wood save files would transfer to the DSTWO? and is it future proof like the acekard? Does it work on the 3ds? Where can I find a good price on that?Yes.

Yes. Yes. Yes. http://shoptemp.net/products/Supercard-DSTWO.html

QUOTE(serenade.63 @ Jun 28 2011, 06:58 PM) saves transfer from akaio and im sure they transfer from wood as well (i need someone to verify)
Yup, my saves work in all three.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are these all reputable? I assume so...Sucks that none of them come with a micro SD but I am sure I can get one of those really cheap. Do you guys prefer a particular store? I am in the States. Also would the ROMS i have all transfer over or I should get new ones. Some of them were patched.

This card runs GBA games clean? No emulator? Lets you save state? Im so there if so.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It plays gba roms, with fast forward support and real time save, you have to download a supercard specific gba emulator for it though, runs very smoothly with great support. a LOT of people buy from zhuzhuchina i personally never have though. your roms will transfer patch or no patch, but in the future supercard dstwo can play ANY clean rom as far as i know no matter what (cannot play 3ds roms!)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
vodoochild81 said:
Are these all reputable? I assume so...No, some stores suck. The entire point of shoptemp is so that people can look at stores, compare them, and read the user reviews to know which ones are good or not. Do note that the cheaper shops are most often in china.

vodoochild81 said:
Sucks that none of them come with a micro SD but I am sure I can get one of those really cheap.If you pick up a really cheap one online you're likely to get a fake or really low-quality card which will make games run like shit (or not run at all). Do yourself a favor and get a MicroSD from an actual physical store near you, and get at least a class-4 (class-6 are generally higher quality).

vodoochild81 said:
Also would the ROMS i have all transfer over or I should get new ones. Some of them were patched.The unpatched ones should work fine. The patched ones may have issues.

QUOTE(vodoochild81 @ Jun 28 2011, 07:17 PM) This card runs GBA games clean? No emulator? Lets you save state? Im so there if so.
It's emulating. You cannot run GBA from slot-1 clean because the GBA had no slot-1. so if you try it shuts off slot-1 and that stops it from accessing the ROM. So anything doing GBA without slot-2 is emulating.

The thing is the DSTwo has it's own built-in processor that lets it emulate GBA much better than the DS can. The DS is shitty old weak hardware by now, so yes even the Supercard DSTwo has some better hardware in it.

QUOTE(vodoochild81 @ Jun 28 2011, 07:35 PM)
Why does it need to be preflashed?
In order to apply most updates to most carts you need to run the cart first.

However if the DS blocks the cart and won't run it, you can't run the cart to update the cart.

It's like locking your keys in the car.

vodoochild81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused still about preflashing? Basically you are asking them to update the card to the latest firmware for you so it runs on the 3ds?What do u do then when they update the 3ds firmware?

I also have a DS lite, can't I update it myself with that?

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
If you have a DS Lite then you can use that to update it yourself when you get it.
And with the DS lite you'll be able to update in the future, so you're prepared for any future flashcart blocking updates by Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1