Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, yes, yes, we've seen the cases, but what's the percentage? Is it over 60%? Or is it a few percent? What are the odds?

it's a design problem, failure rate is 100%

it's not a quality control problem but rather a flawed design, go to the forums, x360 breaks every single day

from the way you speak, (comparing to ds hinge problem
rofl2.gif
), you have no idea how big this thing is, none of any other console (or even other electronics) has failure rate of this proportion

What a topic, indeed. I can Always play my cousins 360 when I go there... And in the meantime I'm busy with my PSP.

so just wait till his 360 breaks, when it does, buy the thing from him, and fix it

or again, you can get a RRoD on ebay and fix it, you get yourself a sub $200 x360 with permanent fix

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, yes, yes, we've seen the cases, but what's the percentage? Is it over 60%? Or is it a few percent? What are the odds?

it's not a quality control problem but rather a flawed design, go to the forums, x360 breaks every single day

from the way you speak, (comparing to ds hinge problem
rofl2.gif
), you have no idea how big this thing is, none of any other console (or even other electronics) has failure rate of this proportion

What a topic, indeed. I can Always play my cousins 360 when I go there... And in the meantime I'm busy with my PSP.

so just wait till his 360 breaks, when it does, buy the thing from him, and fix it

or again, you can get a RRoD on ebay and fix it, you get yourself a sub $200 x360 with permanent fix

How would I go about fixing it? Do you mean the towel trick where I over-overheat it so the RoD dissapears, or how?

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry, but...Â
rofl2.gif

the proofs are everywhere, if those can't convince you, nothing will, untill your own x360 break, complain in xbox forum and realise that people telling the same thing

How would I go about fixing it? Do you mean the towel trick where I over-overheat it so the RoD dissapears, or how?

Do what I did, I replaced the x-clamp.

that's rbjtech's method and it's one way to do it, however it requires drilling, lawdawgs' method is easier: http://copronymous.com/wp-content/uploads/...r-the-3rlod.pdf

this thread should help you:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156117

basically, open the system, clean the GPU/CPU, apply a new thermal paste, replace the x-clamp, and overheat it for a bit, then you're done

it's going to take you an afternoon or so, if you're used to build your own computer this is trivial, and the tutorials are everywhere so if you can't do it yourself, find a friend (who used to build computers), he/she'll be able to help

if you really can't be bothered with these and really want a x360, just make sure you bought a store warranty that allows you to replace with a new one in store, don't mess with microsoft's customer service

btw, dont use the towel trick, it'll only work momentary and kill your x360 motherboard in the long run

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
It was just the '100% failure rate' part that got me. Its simply not true.
Unusually high rate of hardware failure yes, but every xbox 360 in existence will die within 18 months? bollocks

who said it's within 18 months? it can survive 10 years if you only turn it on once

ask yourself this question, is it a design problem or quality control problem?

if it's a design problem, all x360 will die by design, if it's a quality control problem, then most x360 will survive

seeing how you can actually FIX x360 off ebay, with the SAME x-clamp problem, and insanely high return rate, all indicates that this is indeed a design problem, which mean, all x360 will die

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you have a good computer,
PS3

If you have a bad computer,

I don't understand. Why get a PS3 if you already have a good computer?

You can get xbox360 games running way better in their pc ports. not to mention cheaper than the xbox360 release. I say wait until Christmas since prcedrops, nice games and maybe a few hardware revisions will show up during that time. This year there won't be any out-of-stock problems, at least in other than Wii.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

from the way you speak, (comparing to ds hinge problemÂ
rofl2.gif
I see you have your head buried inside a biased forum and refuse to listen to anything else. Of course everyone there had their box break down, but that's because only the people whose boxes broke down post there.
nyanya.gif

Wait a few months and compare the number of Xboxes sold to the number of sob stories you read in the forum, and you'll see it's only a percentage, not every one. Yes, of course you'll say those consoles "haven't been played" because "if you so much as look at it it will definitely break", but that's just not true.

QUOTE(stop_loading @ Jun 27 2007, 01:23 AM)(comparing to ds hinge problemÂ
rofl2.gif
)

Yes, I'm comparing it to the DS hinge problem, because it's well known and described around here, and you can see the amount of overreacting in those threads too. Reading those threads could make you believe every single DS broke in half the moment it was opened. Or should I compare it to the PS2 laser problem? Did all consoles break down?

Of course any problem will get blown out of proportions on the Internet
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1