• Total voters

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
although the 360 is pretty badly put together, its still classes better than sony's consistent standard of disposable consoles.

how long did the PS2 reign before a replacement? compared to the xbox

PS2: 6 years

XBOX:4 years

they still make ps2's,

disposable consoles??
guh, sony's reign is only a testament to people's ignorance, the PS2 was built like shit. and I doubt a single PS2 lived through its um "lifespan" without breaking down atleast once
yaypsp.gif
ahahahaha

Yep! You can take the PS2's total sales and half it, coz everyone I know has owned (at least) two consoles due to hardware failure

ChrisCrawford

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Slim seems to be built alot better than the old model. I've had alot of problems with the older one. But I've also had hardware failure on more reliable consoles, Gamecube, SNES, these kinds of things happen after a few years, but it shouldn't happen in a few days.

360 is just out of controle with it.

I will not be getting a 360 for this reason, and that all the games that appeal to me will be on the PS3 anyway, and will be better there.

The thing with the PS3 is it sucks right now, so I'm just going to wait a while for the good games.

360, while having a library that most will find enjoyable, has that one issue about it being a peice of junk.

PS3, a $600 peice of equipment that hardly does anything yet.

So I would say if you have to have one, you should go with 360, but you may run into some trouble.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox 360 seems like it will have a larger selection of games to play, it's also pretty much as powerful as the PS3 and HD-DVD's seem to look better supposedly.

squinty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to work at an EBgames and we used to get back PS2's the most (mostly laser assembly), seconded by the Xbox (mostly HD crashes), and gamecube the least. And by the least, I mean almost rarely. The Gamecube was one of the most reliable consoles ever that was CD/DVD based.

Any system with moving parts has issues down the road, which is why the systems these days seem to last about 4 years or so. Compare this to an old cartridge system that still works if you took it out of your closet. I'm sure its something that they plan for. You build up your collection, then after 5 years, it dies, you go buy another because you don't want to lose your investment in the games.

In a year or so the PS3 will have alot more games than what it currently has, and may become competitive with the 360 by then. Right now, the 360 is the way to go in my opinion. A lot of games that are coming out on both the 360 and the PS3 get delayed on the PS3 because its a pain to develop for. So, you had both systems, you'd end up buying the game for the 360 since it was out first and never buy the PS3 one anyway. At least, that's what my friends are finding that have both systems.

Konamix02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say get a 360. There's great games. You can buy games, movies, and tv shows from the marketplace and you can download demos before you try them. I have one and it only failed once (not the RoD but I think I traded it before it happened) And I'm still rolling on my second one. The new one's are built better than the older ones so you'll be fine.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to play something, get the xbox. If you want to play something in the future and are in a dire need of a dust collector, get the PS3.

Seriously, my PS3 has just stood quietly next to my TV since I finished the one game I wanted to play so far...
laugh.gif

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I changed my mind. As many votes as the 360 got, I'll be getting a PS3. If you go to Xbox360forum.com look at all the complains people have of broken xboxs?

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also like that the PS3 has the built in BluRay player, while the 360 needs the 200$ extra HD-DVD player, and Blu-ray is a more supported type, holds more gigs, and has about the same quality if not better. I don't care if I don't play many PS3 games NOW, I can play my PS2/X Games... I have many of those
biggrin.gif

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also like that the PS3 has the built in BluRay player, while the 360 needs the 200$ extra HD-DVD player, and Blu-ray is a more supported type, holds more gigs, and has about the same quality if not better. I don't care if I don't play many PS3 games NOW, I can play my PS2/X Games... I have many of those
biggrin.gif

I own a PS3 over a 360 for the following reasons:

DVD player with upscaling. (sold my Oppo, which says a lot about the PS3's quality as a DVD player)
Blu-ray player
PS1 and PS2 upscaling

I don't own a PS3 at the moment because of PS3 games. This means as long as you are willing to settle for the PS3's other features untill some AAA games come out, go for it. Quite honestly I don't even find many 360 games that are out at the moment that I feel are must haves. This fall will see huge releases for both consoles, but FFXIII, MGS4, and Devil May Cry 4 are all must haves for me.

I'm hoping for some Black Friday deals for the 360 this fall, as I think it will have a price drop on top of the BF deals. (I also am hopeful for the release of the 65 nanometer chip this fall)

ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't only Major reason I want a Next-Gen Console, Besides the shit that is called a Wii, is for DiRT and GTA4.. Both come out in a couple months, I'll have enough money by then =D

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
tbh, i dont think that the wii is participating this gen because it just simply has no competition
everyone will have one and a ds in the near future lol

as for ps3 or x360.
get an xbox360, its much better than a ps3
gamespot did 2 grfx comparison and it turns out in both that theres a small margin between x360 and ps3(with x360 being usually the winner)
i know gamespot is not the most reliable of sites but if u add in all factors, the x360 beats the ps3 by MILES

as for the console exclusives on ps3, how you gonna get them? ask one for your burthday
tongue.gif

the ps3 is gonna be less than $300 in 2 years and the awesome exclusives would have ended up on the platinum range.
save up money in those two years, make a list of all the games u wana buy as time progresses, when the ps3 drops in price get it(i hope itll be during the gamedrought and a holiday season) and play Play PLAY till u die

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress